Author Topic: "You can't save here. Please choose another location."  (Read 5006 times)

woody

Be gentle now...old fart newbie trying to sort all this out. Created a MP3 playlist. Right clicked playlist >List > Export as External playlist . I've tried to export to Scandisk Sansa  Clip + and Android phone but always receive this error message: "You can't save here. Please choose another location."

So, how do I export MusicBee MP3 playlist to Sansa Clip +?

hiccup

Just shooting off some questions to maybe get closer to a solution:

-Have you already succeeded syncing your Sansa Clip with MusicBee?
- Is your Sansa Clip in MTP mode? (preferred)
- Is it connected to a USB2 or USB3 port? (USB3 sometimes gives problems in this area)
- Do you have the original firmware on your Sansa, or have you maybe installed Rockbox? (very nice firmware, much more options than stock, and working great with MusicBee)

woody

No...(Have you already succeeded syncing your Sansa Clip with MusicBee?)
Just out of the box...will put in MTP mode.
New laptop so probably USB3 port... (Is it connected to a USB2 or USB3 port? (USB3 sometimes gives problems in this area)
Yes...new out of box. (Do you have the original firmware on your Sansa, or have you maybe installed Rockbox? (very nice firmware, much more options than stock, and working great with MusicBee)

Thanks for your help...please continue.

hiccup

The important first goal is to have your Sansa clip recognized by MusicBee. If so, you should see it in the left panel under 'Devices'. And from there you can adjust several settings, such as syncing.

If your Sansa Clip is brand new out of the box, first see if Sandisk is offering firmware updates themselves, so you are sure you start of with the most recent official firmware for your player.

If you are a bit more adventurous, you might try RockBox. It is an alternative operating system for many players, and also has a Sandisk Sansa version.
Then check first if your Clip+ is supported. (my Sansa Clip is 3 years old), and only install it if you understand the (minimal) risks, since you will be messing with the internal operation of your Sansa player.

woody

Update:
All USB ports are 3.0
Windows 7 Pro  Computer recognizes Sansa Clip+
MusicBee DOES NOT recognize Sansa Clip+
Sansa Clip+ updated to latest FW offered  V01.02.18A
My MusicBee version is 2.4.5404. Do not see auto update switch in MusicBee.

phred

• Global Moderator
My MusicBee version is 2.4.5404. Do not see auto update switch in MusicBee.
There is no auto-update switch.  The closest would be to check for updates on startup.  Edit > Preferences > General > Application > check for updates on startup.

But since you're already on 2.4.x you can simply patch to 2.5.x, which is the latest version.  See my sig.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

In MusicBee's 'Preferences' panel > Devices, have you checked 'detect MTP devices'?

woody

Checked MTP devices. Now MusicBee  recognizes Sansa Clip+ and now able to drag playlist into Sansa Clip+. Way cool! Thanks for your help!

Regarding update fro 2.4 something to 2.5 something. When I download new version file and open exe., will it upgrade without damaging music and playlist files?

hiccup

Regarding update fro 2.4 something to 2.5 something. When I download new version file and open exe., will it upgrade without damaging music and playlist files?

No, that is not the way.
If you follow the directions phred gave you, you are safe.

phred

• Global Moderator

No, that is not the way.
If you follow the directions phred gave you, you are safe.
Read my sig

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
Read my sig

Your sig is very confusing.
<sigh>

Those bees look like fish.
That's my not so subtle way of trying to get Steven to change the name of his program to MusicPhish.

Between yesterday and today, it looks like you took a few extra sarcasm pills.   ;)

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

Between yesterday and today, it looks like you took a few extra sarcasm pills.   ;)

I'm very sorry. Somebody must have switched my happy pills.
(and what a marvelous sig you have!)