Author Topic: What headphones do you like/use?  (Read 21804 times)

9cupsoftea

I've collected a couple dozen headphones over the years out of a love of music and everything audio, and I was just wondering what everyone else liked (or even disliked) in the world of headphones.

Personally I've settled on the KSC75 for around the house, the yuin pk3 earbuds for going out (I've grown to really dislike IEMs after buying so many), and a sony 7506 for the computer.

What about all of you? I'm always curious to hear about a great set of headphones I haven't tried!

vpsaxman

Using Sennheiser HD 598 after I had to sell my AKG K701.

The HD598 sound great - a bit lacking in detail - without any need for a particularly powerful headphone preamp. K701 sounded a bit lean without.

Leroy Bad

I've been acquiring a collection of headphones over the past few years also. I recently got a pair of Beyerdynamic T1 2nd generation, which I really love, and a pair of PSB M4U 1 which I really recommend people hear because they are grossly underrated. To be honest though, I use MusicBee mostly at work with a pair of Creative Aurvana Live 2.

I recommend the Beyerdynamic T1 if you like the Sennheiser HD800 & similar upper class headphones.
PSB M4U 1 if you like the Bowers & Wilkins P7, NAD Viso HP50 or B&O BeoPlay H6
Creative Aurvana Live 2 if you like the Audio Technica ATH-M50x
Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 05:51:54 PM by Leroy Bad

kmillz95

I generally use earbuds, and after going through a bunch of pairs that ended up being rubbish I found that GGMM's Cuckoo earbuds really exceeded my expectations.  They provide great quality sound and come with a lifetime warranty which is too good to pass up, especially because they're pretty cheap ($65 on amazon) for the quality you get and they're designed really well.

albumtube

I have a pair of Sony noise cancelling headphones: Sony-MDRNC500. They are pretty cool. Even with no music playing their ability to kill ambient noise is amazing!

BeeBeeKing

I have quite a few pairs including Sennheiser, Pioneer, and AKG K271 MkII, but I usually end up using some of my cheapest headphones, because i think they sound good and are comfortable, so much so i bought a second pair, one set has velour pads and are super comfortable.....what are they/ plain old Samson SR850.

beefed_up

Hi to everyone, I am a recent convert to MB having defected from Mediamonkey, and am finding it very refreshing.

Headphones - bought a pair of Sennheiser HD600 and greatly regretted it.  Plenty of detail but completely bland and uninteresting.  Got a pair of Grado SR125s.  Polar opposites.  Typical Grado signature.  Not particularly detailed and not neutral but they are very musical and really do let you engage with the music for a not-especially-expensive pair of headphones.  Both those are some years old and recently for mobile listening I got a pair of RHA MA750 earbuds and liked them so much I got a pair of RHA T20s.

9cupsoftea

Hi to everyone, I am a recent convert to MB having defected from Mediamonkey, and am finding it very refreshing.

Headphones - bought a pair of Sennheiser HD600 and greatly regretted it.  Plenty of detail but completely bland and uninteresting.  Got a pair of Grado SR125s.  Polar opposites.  Typical Grado signature.  Not particularly detailed and not neutral but they are very musical and really do let you engage with the music for a not-especially-expensive pair of headphones.  Both those are some years old and recently for mobile listening I got a pair of RHA MA750 earbuds and liked them so much I got a pair of RHA T20s.

I completely agree with you about those Sennheisers. I've used a lot of them and every single one (apart from those DJ ones) sounds like that - really detached, distant, and boring. I think a lot of people mistake sounding boring for being neutral, hence their reputation as audiophile equipment - although I always warn people off them when I can.

dazzerfong

If you want Sennheiser's penchance for extraordinary soundstage yet don't want that flatness, try the HD700. Senn aficionados hate that headphone due to its tendency to sound like a 'Cyber-Grado'. For me, it's perfect.

rimfir

I to have the HD700's. Very musical and extremely comfortable. For travel and doing outside stuff and when I'v'e got time for some serious uninterrupted listening, I use the Westone UM pro50. It's very comfortable as well, and it's made in the USA.

PASTYL-FLO

I bought a $50 set of Sony headphones about 5yrs ago and never looked back. The sound quality seemed exceptional to me, and they could get quite loud and never sound distorted. I've had friends advertise far more expensive (I won't name names) headphones to me that were inferior as far as I was concerned. It was only recently that I broke the headband bit of them that I won't be able to use them quite as much. Also, I may be imagining things or just spoiled with the quality, but I think the quality of sound had started to deteriorate in the last year.

MagnaWolf

I usually use my Jabra Move BT headphones when I listen to my PC or Phone. In case I need to go wired, I usually go with Koss Porta Pro.

pietergdp

I have a Sennheiser HD449, which is really well balanced and suitable for a wide variety of genres. It is also lightweight, really comfortable and most importantly affordable.

ost

Sennheiser IE80 for player and AKG K-501 or Beyerdynamic DT880 at home

KaosiKosmos

I just recently bought Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250 Ohm
Im already saving for one of the high end BD models, maybe the T90.

Very comfortable and good sounding.