Author Topic: Ability to rate the current song without opening the MB-window  (Read 5403 times)

Adson

I am almost ready to change from Media Monkey to Music Bee. There is only one thing I really miss.

In Media Monkey you can rate the current song via the minimized program window ( in Win 7) on the bottom of the screen. You find there controls for play/stop next/previous song AND a display of the five possible stars for rating. So you don't have to leave the current window of the application you currently work in.

I think this is a very convenient feature and it should be not too difficult to add to Music Bee. Apart from that I like MB very much. Keep on the good work  :)

A.

PS If you like, I can send you a screeshot with the mentioned function in Media Monkey

Steven

• Administrator
its done for the next update, using 'show rating in MiniPlayer [and windows 7 taskbar]' in the Layout preferences
Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 09:53:24 PM by Steven

Zeitgeist

Hey Adson, I do the rating of songs playing in the background (not focussed MB) by using (global) HOTKEYs. You can set them up in the preferences page.

WIN + 1 = One star
WIN + 2 = Two stars
and so on...

It´s not the same behavior you asked for, but may help.

Ciao
Zeit

Adson

its done for the next update, using 'show rating in MiniPlayer [and windows 7 taskbar]' in the Layout preferences

... simply great! I'm looking forward for the next version.

Hey Adson, I do the rating of songs playing in the background (not focussed MB) by using (global) HOTKEYs. You can set them up in the preferences page.

WIN + 1 = One star
WIN + 2 = Two stars
and so on...

Thanks for your suggestion, I will try out that.

A.  :)

Steven

• Administrator

Adson

its already in 1.2.3887 in the downloads topic on this forum

Hi Steven,

I can see the Mini Player in the Win 7 Taskbar but cannot see the rating of the song nor can I rate the song via the Mini Player.
The buttons for stop, pause, previous and next work fine, but no rating.

A.

Steven

• Administrator

Adson

sounds like you havent enabled the preference - see above

... thanks for your help. I had it enabled but did not restart MB afterwards. Afer restart it works fine  :)

Thanks a lot for the good work!

A.

Elberet

By the way, Win+<Number> hotkeys are in use by default under Windows 7. Win+1 starts, activates or switches between windows grouped under the first icon on the startbar; Win+Shift+1 launches a new instance/window of that application; Win+Alt+1 opens that icon's jumplist. :-)