Author Topic: Using Musicbee to its full potential  (Read 14841 times)

onkelbo

Picard is helpful for this.  I think it would take a lot of configuring to tag just original year and nothing else. Message me if you want to try it.

I pretty much do it manually, since the dates I want aren't based on the album.

I´m working with picard. But since lastfm had a relaunch the lastfmplus plugin does not work anymore. But also in this plugin the original year tag didn´t work.
I found the lastfmng plugin that works for genre, mood, ...
But also not for the original year.

Edit: another option would be to tag the track with its original release info, but keep the compilation info in another tag.

Thats exactly what i want. But i don´t know how to face it!

mozartjune

Looking at your nick, do you have a library containing also a lot of classical music?
(it then could be worthwhile to tune your settings and tagging strategics to that too)
No, classical's one of my least represented genres in my library  ;D

Also I should look at installing Picard. Sounds like it's very useful.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

Picard is helpful for this.  I think it would take a lot of configuring to tag just original year and nothing else. Message me if you want to try it.

I pretty much do it manually, since the dates I want aren't based on the album.

I´m working with picard. But since lastfm had a relaunch the lastfmplus plugin does not work anymore. But also in this plugin the original year tag didn´t work.
I found the lastfmng plugin that works for genre, mood, ...
But also not for the original year.

Edit: another option would be to tag the track with its original release info, but keep the compilation info in another tag.

Thats exactly what i want. But i don´t know how to face it!

Like I said, message me for help with Picard.  Or we could start a thread on Beyond MusicBee.

@mozartjune, Picard is great but be prepared for a learning curve.  Like MB, it's very powerful, but unlike MB it's sometimes not very user friendly.  I'm always happy to help.
Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 12:08:25 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Zak

• Global Moderator
...I may as well do a custom and virtual tag restructure then. Putting it off as I'm sure you know how many things you end up having to change!
Hmm. Just a rough guess, but is it lots and lots?
Bee excellent to each other...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Pingaware

...I may as well do a custom and virtual tag restructure then. Putting it off as I'm sure you know how many things you end up having to change!
Hmm. Just a rough guess, but is it lots and lots?

All of my custom views and auto-playlists as a minimum.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Moshi_

• http://www.last.fm/user/Moshi_
Hmm.. Like I already said if someone with a great knowledge of MusicBee would start a Youtube tutorial series it will benefit us all. Some options are easy to understand while some are not and I'm pretty sure majority of users are not using MusicBee to its full potential. :)

garay

Hello everyone, I thought I'd jump on this post instead of creating a new one, looks like it might be the place to get some info.
I just noticed in a previous post from adn:

"I just updated to the latest 2.5 version and I want to say that the new "add virtual device" feature is a godsend. I've been trying to do this for a couple months now and to see it work right away now is just so awesome.
I can finally sync my playlists to OneDrive and access my always up to date playlists from my laptop and phone, this is just perfect!"

I'm using itunes and an iphone 6. My itunes library and playlists are the same as in MB, when I update MB I manually update itunes to reflect MB.
I did some digging re add virtual device and OneDrive but couldn't find anything. Could someone please tell me if there is an easier way to do what I'm doing based on adn's post.

Thanks

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm using itunes and an iphone 6. My itunes library and playlists are the same as in MB, when I update MB I manually update itunes to reflect MB.
I did some digging re add virtual device and OneDrive but couldn't find anything. Could someone please tell me if there is an easier way to do what I'm doing based on adn's post.

Have you tried the iPhone/iPod plugin?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yes, that's the one.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)