Author Topic: Why are some files in 'Music' and others in 'Inbox'?  (Read 2847 times)

Manatad

Hello,

I'm a newbie so please bear with me.
I've looked on the Wiki and searched the forums, and found some explanations of what the Inbox is, and why there are files there. Also people requesting solutions on those two being split up.

As far as I understand, Inbox is meant to house "new" tracks or something. But I've been using Bee for months now, and still some tracks will only appear in Inbox, and other in Music, which is rather annoying.

I guess my proper question is why are these two segregated? They don't seem to work as they should.

Pingaware

You have to manually move files from the Inbox to the library. Right click on the files and select Send To>Library.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Steven

• Administrator
files get sent to the Inbox depending on your config settings and how the files are added - check Library Preferences, Cd Rip Settings and File Converter

Manatad

Can't believe it was that easy. Thanks, people.  :)

What is it used for, though? What is the purpose?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Can't believe it was that easy. Thanks, people.  :)

There are lots of answers for this floating around the forum.  Usually to hold files for tagging before adding them to the library.  I use it for "stuff I haven't decided whether to keep yet".
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Zak

• Global Moderator
Most programs just assume that all of your music is tagged correctly, and will make its best guess at artist/track names/etc. for files that aren't.
MusicBee is better suited for people that want lots of tagging options (including custom tags) - many of those people use the Inbox to show new music that hasn't yet been tagged to their high standards. After they've been fully tagged they get moved to the library.

Another use is to weed out duplicates if you accumulate music from different sources.
Bee excellent to each other...