Author Topic: Classic view for "Now Playing"?  (Read 2732 times)

loner

First of all, I apologise if this has already been asked or addressed somewhere, but after some searching I still couldn't find an answer.

Anyway,

MusicBee is fantastic and only keeps getting better!.. Except for one thing - v3.0 introduced major changes to "now playing" panel, which removed some of the functionality that I often relied on - like the ability to easily customize columns, sort by a specific column, or the search feature. I looked all over the settings but couldn't find any way to revert to the pre-3.0 "Now Playing" view.

Prior to v3.0 "now playing" was displayed as a regular column-based view - the same one that's used for browsing library and playlists, so it was easy to sort, customize and manage on-the-fly.

So my question is:
Am I missing something? Is there any way to revert to the pre-3.0 "Now Playing"? Is there a third party plugin that does this? Or perhaps it's somehow possible to accomplish this with an auto-playlist? (my bad, that was more than one question)

Would really appreciate your help. :) And if this feature is indeed gone - I hope it comes back in the future updates.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

When you're looking at the Now Playing node in the main panel, there is a menu at the top left of the main panel that I believe includes the traditional playlist view.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

loner

Hi, welcome to the forum!

When you're looking at the Now Playing node in the main panel, there is a menu at the top left of the main panel that I believe includes the traditional playlist view.
Found the option you were talking about, much appreciated! I didn't see it at first because I had "Hide panels header bar" enabled in the options. The menu you mentioned is built into the header, so if the header is hidden - there seems to be no other way to access these settings.

Anyway, thanks again for your help. :)