Author Topic: Support for Minilyrics  (Read 24455 times)

account4me2

Right now, MB is not retrieving the embedded lyrics while the song is playing. In other words, MB is not refreshing the lyrics window automatically while the song is playing and Minilyics embedded the lyrics automatically.

This is correct. Here are the settings I'm using:

Minilyrics:
--Save lyrics in C:\Lyrics\   (although I don't use these)
--Save lyrics in mp3 file
----ID3v2 synchronised lyrics
----ID3v2 unsynchornised lyrics
--Rename the downloaded lyrics file name as the name of the song   (although, again, these don't get used - only time I've had to use them is for flac files, b/c minilyrics won't save the lyrics to the actual song file)
--Only download synchronised lyrics with .lrc extension (advanced tab)

MB:
--"Lyrics storage (new saved lyrics only)" - "embed lyrics in the music file"
--all lyrics providers ticked

And so what happens much of the time when I open a song I haven't played before, in this order, is:
1)Musicbee connects to its lyrics providers and downloads the lyrics.
2)Minilyrics downloads it's .lrc file, and saves these synchronised lyrics to the actual mp3.
3)MB does *not* automatically notice these newly saved synchronised lyrics, however it works fine once 'Refresh Lyrics' has been manually clicked, and works from then on.

ma_t14

Steven, in order to cater both scenarios(embed and not embed), only thing you need to do is, in addition to checking the downloaded lyrics in the song's directory when polling, please make the lyrics window refresh as well(up to 10secs).
That's the only thing you need to do to make this integration perfect :)

... and to make it even more perfect make it an option for the user to decide if he wants synchronized or not synchronized lyrics to be displayed

Steven

• Administrator
i expect mini-lyrics wouldnt be able to write the lyrics to the music file until the song has completed playing. MB could refresh the lyrics at that point (rather than waiting until the next restart but not really what you want i expect)
I could have a configuration to check a specific folder for the lyrics
Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 02:38:38 PM by Steven

Godwin

i expect mini-lyrics wouldnt be able to write the lyrics to the music file until the song has completed playing. MB could refresh the lyrics at that point (rather than waiting until the next restart but not really what you want i expect)

Are you sure?
To me Minilyrics seems to be writing to the file as soon as it finds the lyrics, because when I manually refresh the lyrics window while the song is playing, MB shows the embedded lyrics which was written by Minilyrics. The lyrics wasn't downloaded to the song's folder so MB definitely read it from the file itself.

I could have a configuration to check a specific folder for the lyrics
That will be useful to those who don't want Minilyrics save the lyrics in the song's directory. So yea, having that option is good and it will sort my problem as well. But the best method would be to "refresh lyrics window" during polling.

Steven

• Administrator
i wont be able to look at this until probably the weekend at least, but i am skeptical. Writing tags can involve recreating the entire file if there is not enough space free for the lyrics, so not possible if the song is playing. However I recall mini-lyrics has an option to save lyricsV2 tags, which get written at the end of the file so i guess it might be doing that while the song is playing and then update the standard lyric tags after the song completes (MB also looks for the lyricsV2 tags).

With the current version of MB the lyrics will automatically refresh if MB finds the downloaded lyrics file in the song directory with the same filename within 10secs

Antonski

MiniLyrics can store lyrics only in mp3, I think. So, for me this option is unusable. On the other hand I'd like to have controll on what is saved in my files, so in any case this is not useful.
It would be very useful if you implement the possibility to check one folder for the lyrics, though (the default setting in MinLyrics). But in this case you have to search for lyrics with the same song name (which contains also artist name) instead of same filename (imagine all your CDs are ripped as Track01, Track02 etc).

Edit: And, you can check MiniLyric.ini for correct download path, just to avoid mistakes with renamed/changed directories etc.
Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 10:41:00 PM by Antonski

account4me2

To me Minilyrics seems to be writing to the file as soon as it finds the lyrics, because when I manually refresh the lyrics window while the song is playing, MB shows the embedded lyrics which was written by Minilyrics. The lyrics wasn't downloaded to the song's folder so MB definitely read it from the file itself.
Yeah this is correct, so I expect it would be a simple fix. Currently I guess MB just checks for stored synced lyrics, then checks for stored unsynced lyrics, then downloads unsynced lyrics. Well perhaps another 5-10 seconds after that, just check for synced lyrics again?

Steven

• Administrator
this has polling for lyrics downloaded to a specific folder or for when mini-lyrics writes to the music file.
It seems mini-lyrics does write to the music file while it is playing. I hope the mini-lyrics author handles the case where the existing tag area doesnt have enough room and the file needs to be rewritten
you need to configure how musicbee will interact with mini-lyrics if you want polling - its configured in a new Plugins preference tab and of course you need to configure mini-lyrics to download the lyrics

http://www.mediafire.com/?w6w5lao569zdlj5