Author Topic: MusicBrainz Picard q & a thread  (Read 20828 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm trying to paste a screen shot, but to answer your question
You can't paste a screenshot. You need to follow the instructions that appear every time you post a new reply. They're above the edit box.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.3 patch from here.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.4 beta patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
Check out the MusicBee Wiki.
How to post screenshots is here

MTVhike

Nevermind, I guess it did, just had to click on the link in the new post.

hiccup

• Editor
And, is the Tag Inspector under Tools/Tagging Tools? I can't find it.

Tag Editor, and then:

hiccup

• Editor
https://imgur.com/lXtbEIu]https://imgur.com/lXtbEIu

It looks like you made some mistakes in creating the tags.
It should look like this:

MTVhike

What is that image? The tag inspector? If so, I see nothing like that! What I see in the main window is Picard title full; $If   etc, the rest of the script your image shows on the Work(top) line, but non of the other scripts, without the label.
Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 04:24:39 PM by MTVhike

MTVhike

I was trying to recreate my actions, and when I went to Edit Preferences/Tags/Custom 1, I noticed that under "save to music file as tag", "Save to MusicBee database only", the default, was checked. Is that right?
Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 04:55:12 PM by MTVhike

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I was trying to recreate my actions, and when I went to Edit Preferences/Tags/Custom 1, I noticed that under "save to music file as tag", "Save to MusicBee database only", the default, was checked. Is that right?

No, you need to create a new tag using Define New Tags. That's The only way Picard and MusicBee can both read and write to it.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.4)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

MTVhike

That's what I did. I put "Picard title full" in the display name, then clicked on Define New Tags and put each script in the first seven lines. I did NOT put anything in the first line, labeled identifier id3, etc. Should I have put Picard title full in the identifier space? What would I put in the others?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Lines where you put scripts are virtual tags. Those aren't saved to a file, they're dynamically generated need on existing tags.

To define a custom tag, you have to use the top section where you can actually name the tag fields for id3, etc.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.4)

MTVhike

So I should put  "Picard title full" in each of the boxes in the first line. The scripts all go in the virtual tag lines below. I'll try again!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yeah, when you fill in the first one they should auto-fill for you.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.4)

MTVhike

OK, I did that and they did autofill.

I also realized that I need to put these new tags into the "Set Displayed Fields", which I did. For the Work [full] and Work [adapt], what appears is the script.
For Work [top] and Work [ sub ], there's nothing. This is true for all the music in my library, even the ones which I didn't run through Picard.
And, for Picard title full (the custom tag label), it just says that; and it says that only for the one file I ran through Picard.
Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 07:31:27 PM by psychoadept

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If you're seeing the script in the main panel, that means there's an error in your script.

For the others, I'm not sure I understand. You created the new frield. Did you then link it to the custom tag in the main preferences window?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.4)

MTVhike

The script is exactly what Hiccup posted in his tutorial. If I go to Edit Preferences/then Tags(1) and look at custom 1:, I see Picard title full. I then Define New Tags and I see the 6 new scripts. I'm in the main preferences window (I think), where do I link it?