Author Topic: Is There A Winamp Big Bento Skin For MusicBee?  (Read 5949 times)

Night AoX

As the title suggests, are there any Winamp Big Bento style skins for MusicBee? Winamp remains my daily driver due to that lovely Big Bento layout. I like MusicBee but, Winamp's Big Bento just has an Artist, Album sort by year layout that is unrivaled.. Unless there is something that has a similar layout..

This is how I currently have Winamp Big Bento set up:

Is there any way to replicate a similar layout in MusicBee? I'm currently using the Tron Punk skin in SKins>Dark which certainly looks the part but, the layout is just like a lot of the other skins.. I can get my music sorted by Artist alphabetically, Year oldest to newest and then finally Album Title but, in Winamp Big Bento, I can have my music sorted by Artist alphabetically then in the right-side window, I can sort albums by Album Title or Year depending on which album by that artist I need to look for specifically.. It was be awesome if I can find a similar solution in MusicBee especially since MusicBee is lighter and still being supported..
Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 02:58:59 AM by Casey Stellar

phred

• Global Moderator
You can view all available skins here: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Skins#All_Skins_by_Author
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You could get pretty close to that layout with a column browser for artist, a thumbnail browser for album, and track details view in the main panel.

Edited because my edit was wrong.  :)
Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 03:39:38 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Zak

• Global Moderator
Also, skins in MusicBee are really just for changing colour schemes and some of the control graphics (play/stop buttons etc.).
They won't/can't change the actual layout of where things appear like in Winamp - you'll need to wade through all of the configurationy toggley menu options for that.
Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 03:26:50 PM by Zak
Bee excellent to each other...

Night AoX

This is how I currently have it laid out:

But, the issue is whenever I play 1 album by an artist, the entire catalog loads into the Now Playing list even though I just want 1 album loaded.. I can't seem to find a way to make it only play the 1 desired album. Any suggestions?