Author Topic: slightly better explanatory wordings album auto-tagger  (Read 2535 times)

hiccup

Answering a question about the album auto-tagger, I remembered having some trouble understanding the pane in the beginning myself.

Looking at it, I suggest some minor additions in wordings. (suggestions in green)

Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 08:57:26 PM by hiccup

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
+1, this makes sense to me.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Zak

• Global Moderator
Don't use it myself, but I agree that bottom table looks pretty confusing.
My quick suggestions:

1. Put the filename on the left (it uniquely identifies each file and helps left-to-right reading order as in "For this file, this is what will happen...").
2. Make the distinction between "This is what your tags are" and "This is what your tags will be" more obvious. Maybe two separate tables side-by-side with headings "Current tags" and "Suggested tags from source"?  :-\
3. Time as a column is confusing too. It can't be edited by the user and I assume is there to make sure the album selected at the top is actually the correct release for your files.
Bee excellent to each other...

hiccup

Funny that you mention those, I had the exact same ideas about 1. and 2., but refrained from adding them to the request since I thought it might be to personal a preference and maybe not for general benefit.

I also feel that reading left-to-right, left should be the current tags, and on the right the proposed changes.
3. (time) is handy to make sure that the tracks are indeed matching ones.

edit:
Steven is probably much occupied with working on v3, so I'll remember to toss this one up in a couple of months time.
Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 08:26:34 AM by hiccup