Author Topic: background pictures in theatre mode  (Read 12750 times)

trebor

I believe that there have been similar posts on this subject before but not with the result that I am looking for.
I have just "upgraded" to Windows 10 and having lost Windows Media Centre which I previously used to play my large music collection I thought that I had found heaven when I came across MusicBee.
However I have found one (yes only one) thing that bugs me - while in general the background pictures when in Theatre Mode (Artist Pictures) are pics of the artist being played that is not always the case.
Is there any way to either insert my own pictures and / or delete any pictures that I do not want?
Are these pictures stored somewhere on my PC or are they loaded from the internet?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Beaker

The pictures are taken from the Internet.
Customizing what pictures display would be nice. But there is no option to save pictures locally that i can see..

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
If you edit the "Gallery" element in the .xml of the theater mode you are using from
tags="artist"
to
tags="artist:local"

images you have saved to the configured 'artists pictures location:"
Preferences> Tags (1)> artwork storage> artists pictures location:
will be used.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

jasongnome

OK, but is there any way to use the Internet one's where available, but a local one when it doesn't find an Internet one?

redwing

OK, but is there any way to use the Internet one's where available, but a local one when it doesn't find an Internet one?

That's the default behavior. Theater Mode gallery works the same way as compact player or artist picture panel. Try with compact player as it offers some settings.

jasongnome

That's the default behavior. Theater Mode gallery works the same way as compact player or artist picture panel. Try with compact player as it offers some settings.

That isn't what's happening though. On this Theater Mode (Artist Pictures) if it finds the artist image on the internet it uses it and slideshows between various images it finds while the track is playing, which is nice. If it doesn't find an internet picture it defaults to the background image (which I've worked out how to change), not the artist image I've saved in the artist folder.

This is the element code for the gallery:
<element type="Gallery" x="1" y="1" widthDock="Panel" width="-2" heightDock="Panel" height="-2" aspectRatio="zoomKeep" interval="60" tags="artist" ></element>

redwing

Working fine for me. Make sure you saved the picture in the correct folder.
Also check with compact player with retrieve web picture option disabled to see if it shows your local pictures.

jasongnome

Thanks, I'll try that.

I've been away all weekend, just got back.

jasongnome

After a bit of messing around I seem to have found the problem.

Saving by right clocking the artist thumbnail doesn't work because it only puts the image in the thumb folder not the main one. (Changing the field in settings to that folder didn't help because it then created a new thumb/thumb folder!).

Once I'd got that figured out I still had some test ones not working and some working. It seems it doesn't like certain pictures, sometimes a different image with the same name worked (and I've only used jpegs - nothing else).

Thirdly it REALLY doesn't like some symbols in the filename, & and ( in particular seem to screw it, although they're fine to search for with one's it finds online.

redwing

Yes, what TM gallery displays is artist backdrops, not artist thumbs for thumbnail browser and artist view.
To save local pictures for artist backdrops, use compact player artist picture view as it offers useful context menu commands.

jasongnome

One bit of advice for anyone else having problems with odd pictures. It won't find a picture on your hard drive with the & symbol in the title.

For example artist tag = B. Bumble & The Stingers, the image needs to be named B. Bumble And The Stingers.jpg then it works.