Author Topic: Album tracks out of order  (Read 15164 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Like I said, if you sort by Title instead of album (look for the arrow in the header bar), the auto-tag by album feature is more likely to sort them in the right order.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

hiccup

I don't know why the track # is along side the title.

That's not a real problem, just not quite proper practice.

If you have opened the Album Auto-Tagger pane,you can select the source provider at the top.
Note that different releases or continents might have different sequences (or number) of tracks for an album. Choose the provider that matches your album best.

If the sequence is still wrong, you can drag a track from the 'original title' column or the 'filename' column, to match the most left 'title' column.

B-Rayn

|Like I said, if you sort by Title instead of album (look for the arrow in the header bar), the auto-tag by album feature is more likely to sort them in the right order.|

I'm lost. Not sure what you talking about. I cannot figure out how to sort by title. Looked at the Auto-tag by track-Infer. Nothing

B-Rayn

|Like I said, if you sort by Title instead of album (look for the arrow in the header bar), the auto-tag by album feature is more likely to sort them in the right order.|

I think I figured out what you mean. But it is a lot of work to change each song. It will take months.
Maybe the only way though.
Thanks

B-Rayn

It worked Psychoadept. Thanks for the help. I am getting a bit frustrated but I guess the learning curve is part of it.
Not sure I can invest the time to do that song by song to every album though.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Sorting in MB is not much different from Windows explorer: you click the column header of the column you want to sort by.  What are you doing song-by-song?  Can you show us what it looks like when it's working?

Do your file names in Windows contain all the tag information (Album, artist, title, track#,etc)?  Do you have a folder structure like "artist/album/# title"?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

B-Rayn

This album I had to change each track one at at time using auto tag by track, infer.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Thanks, the screenshots help.  If you've figured out how to use "infer tags from filenames" and your filenames are consistent, you should be able to do that on any number of tracks at once.

I can't see the end of the filename there, but it looks like your pattern should be:

<Album Artist>\<Year> - <Album>\<Track#>. <Title>

Edited: based on your original screenshot, I concluded that the track number is written as ##. in your files.  MB imports the Filename in place of title when there are no title tags.
Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 04:29:58 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

B-Rayn

Thanks for all the help. I am just taking a breather as the setup is taking a lot of time for me.
Still have confidence in MusicBee. I'll get it all setup eventually.

Thanks