Author Topic: Mute or remove lyrics or voice channel / frequency  (Read 3000 times)

inspector71

Hi

Does anyone know of a way to mute or remove the vocals in music, on the fly during playback?

I'm having a lot of trouble with the emotions generated by the lyrics in the music I need to nonetheless listen to in order to block out background noise. If anyone has tips I'd be very grateful. I've considered noise-cancelling headphones but I am not sure they would do the trick and can't really afford to take the risk on trialling a pair.

Thanks

J24

• Love music of all genres and cultures
I think the best you can do is use the equalizer to lower the 500Hz-2kHz frequencies but that is not going to remove them, just make them less present. Alternatively you could use Audacity to remove the vocals almost completely although that won't be on the fly. You could try looking for instrumental versions of the song you're listening to.
I'm addicted to meth, that is, methadata.
Wanna share music recommendations? add me on Last.fm!

Zak

• Global Moderator
Even the most expensive pair of noise-cancelling headphones won't help you. They remove background noise from your environment, not from the music.
Bee excellent to each other...