Author Topic: Can I remove a specific genre tag from multiple albums at once?  (Read 4414 times)

dylstew

At first I tagged anything that falls under Rock as Rock. But now I want it to be seperated in Punk, Rock and Metal.
So I'm trying to remove ''Rock'' from my Punk albums without removing the rest, but I can only seem to remove all genres with the ''remove tags'' option under tagging tools.

phred

• Global Moderator
This sounds like something the Advanced Tagging Tools plugin should be able to do.  I'm not sure if it can, but it's worth a look.
Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 03:56:10 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

plugin wont help. try to select all required tracks, open tag editor and enter desired genres separated by ";"

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
plugin wont help. try to select all required tracks, open tag editor and enter desired genres separated by ";"

This would make all tags the same on those files.  You can change just one tag on multiple files by using the Tag inspector, which can be opened from within the Tag editor.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

boroda

dylstew

I guess it's not possible?

Dangit, that would make take quite some time to remove.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can change just one tag on multiple files by using the Tag inspector, which can be opened from within the Tag editor.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

dylstew

You can change just one tag on multiple files by using the Tag inspector, which can be opened from within the Tag editor.

Ooh, I misread that. Thanks :D

emmaoninternet

It's possible with the built-in Search & Replace feature using regex (just don't try it on too large a selection at once, or be prepared to kill a locked up MusicBee from taskmgr). This search criteria string should remove the "Rock" genre tag, while still keeping any other existing tags intact (keep 'Replace' field blank):

(?<!(\s|\w|-|\.|\\|/))Rock(?!(\s|\w|-|\.|\\|/))

Of course, test it on a small batch first and always review the preview of changes, but worked like a charm for me!