Author Topic: Expanded EQ?  (Read 3543 times)

keanex

Hey guys, it was a while ago that I asked for a 15 band EQ and it is greatly appreciated. Now I'm coming to ask for a 30 band EQ or perhaps a parametric EQ. Bob Katz has made a really good case for EQing headphones as seen on InnerFidelity: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/big-sound-2015-bob-katz-eqing-headphones-harman-target-response#Tr87fUV7wVKb7m0W.97

I would like to be able to test this out with more resolution available when adjusting frequencies and maybe others would as well.

XDGFX

Out of interest, why do you feel you need an EQ with more than 15 bands? I personally would be fine with anything down to about 6 bands.

theta_wave

Even though this thread is rather old, I would like to throw my vote in for a parametric EQ.  I'd be happy with a 10-band one.  Unless anyone knows of a parametic EQ plugin that works while MB's output is set to WASAPI or ASIO.

hiccup

For me TDR Nova works with both Wasapi and Asio.
I slightly prefer FabFilter Pro, but it's graphics won't play nice using it with MusicBee.

While an integrated one would be nice, it would probably be a big challenge to achieve the sound quality of these two.
What could be a nice compromise is having the option to place such 3d part equalisers in a panel or a tab instead of floating around.

hiccup

I'd be happy with a 10-band one.

10 band?
That is pretty much counter productive to the advantages of using a parametric equaliser in the first place.
Most people using parametric (in a sensible manner) will be using one to maybe four bands.

sveakul

I slightly prefer FabFilter Pro, but it's graphics won't play nice using it with MusicBee.

hiccup, any change using FabFilter Pro with the newly modified VST files (https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=13022.msg153877#msg153877)?

hiccup

hiccup, any change using FabFilter Pro with the newly modified VST files

Better a late than never reply:
Yep, FabFilter Pro-Q 2 seems to work quite well now.