Author Topic: How do I merge Music and Inbox so my music is in one place  (Read 4049 times)

svperstar

So I recently started using Musicbee with WASAPI as I wanted something different then foobar.

I added a bunch of tracks and have my users\me\music folder being monitored for new tracks.

I could not figure out why none of my new tracks were showing up in Music but I figured out it is because they were going into Inbox.

Now that I switched it to add new tracks to Music, how do I combine the two and disable Inbox, I don't like having my music in two different places I want ALL of my files to show up in Music.

Thanks.

svperstar

ok this is annoying. I wanted to start over like I never used Musicbee so I uninstalled it AND I went to %APPDATA% and completely deleted the Musicbee folder. However when I launch Musicbee my preferences are still there and I STILL have some tracks in Inbox not in Music.

I wanted to start over from scratch so maybe Musicbee saves something in the registry?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You would also need to remove files in your Library folder (preferences > library).

You can move files between nodes with drag & drop, or right click tracks and send to > music library
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

svperstar

Ok well this was fun.

Inside musicbee I went to inbox and told it to send the 3000 missing tracks I had to Library assuming this was a playlist thing, but instead it actually physically moved them

I figured out I had a folder in C:\users\me\Music\musicbee and under it was a bunch of my music. Strange.

So I closed down musicbee, uninstalled it, checked %APPDATA%, then cut and pasted all the music out of C:\users\me\Music\musicbee back to their original folders and deleted C:\users\me\Music\musicbee

Then I reinstalled it from scratch. NOW all of my music appears in one place after a rescan.

A ridiculous amount of work for something so simple.

Is there a way to shut off Inbox for good to make sure musicbee never moves my files again?

Steven

• Administrator
the files would not be physically moved unless you enabled auto-organise in the library preferences.
I suggest you spend some time reading the wiki so you understand what you are doing when options are changed

svperstar

I did not check the option to auto organize anything, however by default it is set to add new tracks to the Inbox which I have now disabled. All I did was select all the tracks in the inbox and right click -> send too -> music library. Thats it.

Should be smooth sailing now but I do not understand why the default options in this program send new files to Inbox thus splitting your music in half. I cannot think of a logical reason.

dgbx

For me, the inbox serves as a "landing" spot for any new music, whether it comes from a ripped CD, Amazon, Apple or Google Music through a purchase, or from me physically adding new music to my monitored music folder. I can check the new music in the inbox for complete tagging before moving it to the library, its final resting spot.

boroda

I did not check the option to auto organize anything, however by default it is set to add new tracks to the Inbox which I have now disabled. All I did was select all the tracks in the inbox and right click -> send too -> music library. Thats it.
Steven didn't said that track are added to library by default. he said that music files are not changed/moved/renamed automatically when you move tracks from inbox to library by default. its not the same.