Author Topic: RetrieveLyrics  (Read 5150 times)

ucynml

Hi

I want to use TrackTitle, Artist and AlbumArtist to retrieve lyrics.

public string RetrieveLyrics(string sourceFileUrl, string artist, string trackTitle, string album, bool synchronisedPreferred, string provider)

RetrieveLyrics doesn't support AlbumArtist and I tried to get AlbumArtist from sourceFileUrl.
But sourceFileUrl always returns null.

Any help appreciated

Steven

• Administrator
the artist is always passed as the parameter.
if you want album artist (although thats not what i would expect to use for retrieving lyrics) then your plugin could use the API to query the album arrtist tag for the current playing song

ucynml

Thanks Steven
my plugin should work properly.
albumArtist = mbApiInterface.NowPlaying_GetFileTag(MetaDataType.AlbumArtist);

redwing

Does this return trackTitle value with all parts enclosed with brackets removed for lyrics retrieval?
If that's the case, can you support an additional parameter to get full title for lyrics retrieval?

redwing

In case I wasn't clear, I'm asking again. Is it possible to retrieve lyrics using full title regardless of brackets used in title?

Steven

• Administrator
MB strips the brackets and text within the bracket from the track title before calling the lyrics api. There is no way to control that, although i could add support for the plugin to indicate it will handle that. I would only do that if i knew a lyrics plugin developer would make use of the change

redwing

That's what I guessed. I'm trying to update Lyrics Reloaded plugin as far as I could manage. I'd appreciate if you support lyrics retrieval with full title.