Author Topic: Merging duplicates in database  (Read 2472 times)

janbenes

Hello, how to merge duplicates that are already in database?

I have imported library from iTunes. Then I rescanned and out of 15000 tracks about 13000 were added again as duplicates. I need to merge them with tracks already in database, because next time I add a few dozen tracks and rescan these 13000 tracks will be added as duplicates again.

Sending duplicates to Inbox during rescan does not help, they go right to the library. Apparently Music Bee does not recognize tracks DURING import as duplicates, but it could recognize by filename and date later if merge scan is run on library.

Thanks, Jan

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Unless there are duplicate FILES, you should just be able to remove one version from your Library. In fact, MusicBee wouldn't add duplicate entries unless it perceived then as having different file locations, so it should ask to remove the incorrect ones when you rescan.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

janbenes

Hello. The problem is that MusicBee considers files starting

C:\MP3\xyz.mp3

and

C:\\MP3\xyz.mp3  (imported from iTunes)

As two different files. Which is not true.

Any way how to correct this?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I would get rid of the C:\MP3\xyz.mp3 versions (assuming there is data attached to the iTunes versions that you don't want to lose) and use the Remap Folders (File > Library) command to fix the others.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)