Author Topic: Can musicbee do this?  (Read 2827 times)

someone01

I want to know if musicbee has this feature :

"Shuffle" songs after a set amount of seconds. For example, after playing song A for 50 seconds it will slowly change to song B, and after 50 seconds it will slowly change to song C and so.

I heard the term is "crossfading" but im not sure.

I tried to crossfade option of musicbee but it did nothing.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Look for the previewing plugin here or on the wiki.  It will let do what you describe.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
@someone01 - fyi - crossfading is (typically) where as one song is ending it starts to fade out while the next song is fading in.  Both fades cross each other, hence the term "crossfading."  When you tried the crossfade option in MB if you had more than one song selected in the now playing pane, as one was reaching its end, you would have heard the crossfade.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

someone01

Look for the previewing plugin here or on the wiki.  It will let do what you describe.

That's quite useful.

Thanks!

EDIT:

@someone01 - fyi - crossfading is (typically) where as one song is ending it starts to fade out while the next song is fading in.  Both fades cross each other, hence the term "crossfading."  When you tried the crossfade option in MB if you had more than one song selected in the now playing pane, as one was reaching its end, you would have heard the crossfade.

Eh...I have many songs, but not exactly how to use it.

What does the [second] mean?

Crossfade track for [ ] second, [check] fade new track

I thought that if i put 10 on the second part it would change song every 10 seconds but that was not the case.
Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 11:28:13 PM by someone01

Zak

• Global Moderator
I thought that if i put 10 on the second part it would change song every 10 seconds but that was not the case.
That would mean song B would start to play when song A was 10 seconds from the end.

As psychoadept said, you'll need to install the Preview Track plugin to have tracks change every x seconds.
Bee excellent to each other...