Author Topic: Ability to Display More Than One Highlight Rule  (Read 8287 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Thank you Steven.  Looks good.

Although I didn't realise when you said:
- there would need to be an x2 or x3 icon for every rule for this to work
you also meant the ones you didn't have any icon assigned for  ???

Ah well. That was easily fixed.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Bee-liever

I noticed that the main Highlighting Rules Editor and the one for the Album Covers view, while having two separate and distinct rules list are sharing the matches displayed setting.

Is it possible to change Album Covers list so it has it's own "matches displayed" setting?

Steven

• Administrator
for album covers, the functionality is unchanged (intentionally due to visual constraints) so only 1 rule is used. I see the dialog is showing the display count setting, so i will remove that

Bee-liever

for album covers, the functionality is unchanged (intentionally due to visual constraints) so only 1 rule is used. I see the dialog is showing the display count setting, so i will remove that

And I also worked out that when using icons here, I need to provide extra full-size ones labelled *_x2 and *_x3 respectively.

phred

• Global Moderator
I forgot you can also show the highlight field directly in the expanded panel of the Album Covers view.
Thats also implemented now
Steven-

If I read this correctly, opening the expanded view of an album (in album cover view) should show highlighting. While I do see the single highlight on the album cover itself (in the -not- expanded view) I do not see any highlight next to the track in the expanded view.

In the fields displayed config, I changed album artist to highlight as a test. The highlight rule is "no lyrics" and the two tracks showing do not have lyrics. Nor do they show the highlight, which you can see on the album cover at the top.

Unless I'm misunderstand your comment, I'm assuming the highlight color would appear as it does on tracks view - a red rectangle next to the track name.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here