Author Topic: Artists not being added to Musicbee library when scanning.  (Read 2494 times)

camerojl

I have all of my music files stored in the same place in my documents, but when I scan in that folder into Musicbee the first 30 or so artists just do not appear. There's no error message or anything, I'm just missing a load of artists from the beginning of my music. There are also a few other artists dotted around my files that Musicbee is not picking up either. I have the latest version of Musicbee too.

hiccup

Are you sure all the files have correct tags? Are the files you are missing maybe in the Inbox?

camerojl

Ah yeah, they're all in the inbox. They are all tagged correctly, how do I put them in my library from there?

camerojl

Nevermind, that was really simple. Feel a bit silly now. Thanks for your help  :)

hiccup

Your welcome, and good luck with this marvelous journey ;-)

(and could an administrator move this topic from Bug reports?)

Zak

• Global Moderator
This gets asked enough, that I wonder what the default location is for a new installation to put new files?
If it defaults to the Inbox, maybe this should be changed so that new users can familiarise themselves with MusicBee's scanning processes etc. before deciding whether the Inbox functionality is something they want.
Bee excellent to each other...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
maybe there could be an initial notice but I wouldn't want the behavior changed outright.  how else will people discover the inbox?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)