Author Topic: MB Restore went well, except 'loved' tag  (Read 2084 times)

themusicalmind

As the title suggests, I followed the Backup and restore process as described in the wikia and it worked flawlessly. My views and my theme is properly restored, even my custom tags are back (Tags(2) tab). So I'm really happy about all of this, but I noticed a discrepancy nonetheless.

I 'love' several tracks on all my albums that I find especially good. After this restore I can see that a lot of songs have a heart, but a lot don't. I wonder what might've happened here? I looked through my library and it seems to be arbitrary, some are missing, some are there.

Does anyone have an idea what might've gone wrong? I backed up my library, appdata and the program files folder of MusicBee, but I don't know where the 'love' enable/disable information would be stored so I could check the original backup and see if it already went wrong there? Any help would be highly appreciated.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Are you logged into last.fm?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

themusicalmind

Yup, I even logged out and logged back in to make sure. Playing tracks that I know I've loved inside MB shows them as 'loved' in last.fm (the website).

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Try tools > tagging tools > sync last.fm loved tracks.  If that doesn't do the trick, maybe the tags are slightly different from last.fm?  Last.fm is pretty good at guess what to match based on info from MusicBee, but I don't think it works as well the other way around.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

themusicalmind

Thanks that fixed it.
So just so I understand MusicBee's setup a little better.. MB doesn't keep track of the loved tracks in a .db, .ini, .xml or something like that? Rather it just synchronizes loved tracks with last.fm? So basically if there isn't a match with last.fm it doesn't apply the 'loved' tag, correct?

Seems like a good suggestion.. if this is the case I'll write one up, because that'd definitely save people from potentially losing this precious tag (trust me, I'd rather not go through my hundreds of songs that I loved and compiled into a playlist).