Author Topic: ID3 tags aren't saved in the music file  (Read 6789 times)

bboystevi

Hi There

I'm new in this forum. I use MusicBee now since a year and it's really one of the best music player I've ever tried. I also work as a DJ in my free time. I want to categorize my music with MusicBee (On PC) and sync the file to my Mac via GDrive to use it there with Traktor and iTunes. Now the problem is that when I change the ID3Tag in MusicBee it won't be saved in the music file.

Is there any option I can change that all changes I make in MusicBee will be automatically saved to the ID3Tag in my music file?

Greetings from Switzerland
bboystevi

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

The tags should be saved automatically.  What format are you using, and what do you see if you open the Tag Inspector?  (a screenshot of the Tag Inspector might be helpful)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

bboystevi

The most of the file is in .mp3 format some of the files are .wav

When I edit the Tags in MP3tag than it will be saved in the files but not in MusicBee

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Can you show me the Tag Inspector (can be accessed through the Tag Editor) in MusicBee after you try to edit a file there?

I'll need to know what you tried to change and the expected result.
Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 04:26:34 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

bboystevi

So I hope you can see something. I really have no idea why the tags won't be save in the file.

Pingaware

What tags are not being saved? There are some present in the file there, but they could be the ones you added with Mp3Tag.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

bboystevi

I usually work with Genre and automatic Playlists. Here is an Example.

I've copied a music file to desktop and want to change the Genre. First the Genre tag is empty.

Then I've edited the genre tag and saved the changes

But when I open the file with an other program there were no changes made.

If I reboot the computer the changes are still in MusicBee. Is there any option where MusicBee saves the tags in a Database and not in the music files. I went trough the settings but I couldn't find anything.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You're right, that's not expected behavior.  And this happens with all files?

My next suggestion would be to share one of the files with us so we can test it.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

bboystevi

That's the file that I used in the example. Yes it happens with every file.

http://we.tl/PLX7GSWckA

bboystevi

I found something in the Settings. Custom Tag 3 and 4 will be saved in the Database, maybe the same thing happens with the Genre?

Pingaware

The ID3V2 tag has been saved as I can read it fine in Mp3Tag and MB. I really have no other suggestions I'm afraid.  Potentially your other applications are looking for ID3V1 tags, which MB doesn't automatically save (if I'm remembering correctly)?

bboystevi

So you can see whats in the Genre Tag? As you see in my screenshot, ID3v1-Tag will be also saved, so it should work with both. I really have no idea what the problem could be.

Pingaware

Can you try opening the file in Windows Explorer and seeing if the tag is present under properties?

bboystevi

I really have no idea why but now everything works now without any problem. I can edit every tag and it will be shown in the Windows Explorer as well as in MP3 Tag. I haven't in mind that I changed some settings. But now it works  ;D

Pingaware

Glad you got it all sorted!