Author Topic: Edit multiple tags inline  (Read 6713 times)

frankz

How would MB know which field you wanted to edit? Clicking on that field like you would do for a single file would de-select your multiple file selection.

F2 is a keyboard *shortcut* that simulates the mouse action of single-clicking on a selected field.  You're basically asking to select two inline things at once, the file to edit and the field to edit.  I don't think that's possible in-line.

iahaleem

Thanks for pointing this out.  My thought is that it would pick up at whatever field you mouse clicked on most recently (this is the current function when selecting a single file).  TAB currently allows you to switch between fields easily as well.

Example:
Click one file on the TITLE column, shift+click a few rows down to select multiple files, press F2, and edit the TITLE for all selected files.  All done inline with minimal keystrokes.

Has anyone here used J River Media Center?  It works like this within that app.  (Yes, I know I can just use that app instead.  I have been using J River for the past 8 years and would like to use Music Bee instead with similar functionality).

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Just checked.  I don't see Tag Editor as an available element to incorporate in

It's not a separate element, it's an option you can find in the tag editor menu. You can still close the tag editor so it doesn't take up space when you're not using it.  I think this is the closest you're going to get to what you want, it at least avoids the pop-up window and will work with the hotkey.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

iahaleem

Got it.  Okay I see what you mean by docking the tag editor.  It only seems to work in the Music tab, and not the Now Playing tab.  Still cumbersome.  I hope this feature gets implemented! :-)