Author Topic: Not saving embedded artwork  (Read 8290 times)

Mr. Trev

version 2.5.5671, Win 7

Doing my standard tagging of files in my inbox, but when I try to save album art as embedded, it doesn't actually save. Mb will go through the process of supposedly saving, but it just ain't there. Right now the only way I get artwork is to use the folder.jpg option.

It was working fairly recently, and I don't think I've changed anything.
Any suggestions?

mtone

Not having a problem on 2.5.5524.
Have you checked that "Embed picture in music file" is still checked in your Tags(1) preferences?

lucidwings

Same Problem over here - 2.5.5677 on Windows 8.1 x64 and on Windows 10 Pro x64. Twice this phenomenon! It just happens when I'm trying to embed cover art to flac files.

Steven

• Administrator
i find this really hard to believe given the functionality has been around for several years. What is your evidence MB is not saving the artwork to the file?

lucidwings

i find this really hard to believe given the functionality has been around for several years. What is your evidence MB is not saving the artwork to the file?

Is there a way to debug? And yes, you're completely right. It worked flawlessly over years. Maybe it's just a faulty config.

Steven

• Administrator
what is your evidence for making this claim? eg. are you checking in another application?

lucidwings

It's working again after I deleted the library file and the roaming folder. Can't tell why this happened so suddenly. Anyway - I guess now it's time for happy reconfiguring!  ;D

Thanks and sorry for bothering you!

Sofocl

Confirm MB v 2.5.5677
Sorry for my bad English.

Mr. Trev

I'll have to try deleting those files, but yes I can confirm that the files do not contain embedded artwork (checked with dbpoweramp).

It is strange. This has been working flawlessly forever, so I'm not sure what happened to cause this problem

hiccup

Maybe the files became 'read only'?
(I guess not, since you should receive a warning then, but you never know?)

Steven

• Administrator
can you PM me a link to one of the files and also the artwork you are trying to save

Mr. Trev

"read only" was my first though, but no that's not the case (they are "archive" whatever that means)

@Steven. Typically I just use the search internet function for artwork

Steven

• Administrator
check your windows temp directory is still accessible and not disc full or something like that. Other than that i cant help any further

Sofocl

I checked various formats (mp3, ape, wv) error only flac files.
Version 2.4.5349 works ok.
But if (any version) has been embedded cover when removing cover it remains in the file, but ceases displaying (file size does not change).
Sorry for my bad English.

Steven

• Administrator
as i requested before, i need a link to one of the flac files and the artwork being embeded.
if you are just using the search internet function then just the flac file will suffice

edit:
also could you let me know the date/ time and version of libflac.dll in the musicbee application folder
Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 06:26:53 PM by Steven