Author Topic: Now Playing tracks alternating with selected track???  (Read 3991 times)

vpsaxman

Would be glad to find some help regarding this behavior.

Here are the steps to replicate:

1. Select a few tracks and add them to the Now Playing queue by selecting "Play Now"
2. Select track that's not in the Now Playing queue by single left clicking on it
3. Play and click the FF icon / skip track

MB then keeps alternating between the selected track and one of the Now Playing tracks.

To add to the weirdness, when MB plays the selected track, it shows as another track playing in the Now Playing panel.

As soon as I remove the selection, Now Playing returns to expected behavior.

What have I done?  Any way to fix this behavior?

Thanks.

EDIT: found it again a few minutes after posting. ::)

For those who are wondering: Edit -> Preferences -> Now Playing -> Untick "playback follows cursor"
Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 05:27:18 AM by vpsaxman

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The language of that option could really stand to be clarified.  Maybe "selected track is played next" or "automatically play selected track"
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

hiccup

The language of that option could really stand to be clarified.  Maybe "selected track is played next" or "automatically play selected track"

+1
A balloon hover-over with indeed something like "always play the selected track next" would probably be helpful.

Zak

• Global Moderator
The option naming was deliberate to mimic the same function in Foobar, or possibly Winamp, for people who have migrated to MB.
I've never understood what it's useful for, to be honest.
Bee excellent to each other...

Steven

• Administrator
The option naming was deliberate to mimic the same function in Foobar, or possibly Winamp, for people who have migrated to MB.
yes thats correct and yes i agree the name is not great, and at minimum it should show a tooltip or have an explanation as it is one of the regular issues that crops up where people select it without understanding what it does.

vpsaxman

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I thought that the playback follows cursor behavior was going to be restricted to the Now Playing Panel, per the last post in this thread: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=5521.0

In the meantime, I added a FAQ entry.
Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 07:15:11 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
I thought that the playback follows cursor behavior was going to be restricted to the Now Playing Panel, per the last post in this thread: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=5521.0
thats an impressive bit of memory displayed there. I will have to put my thinking cap on as to why i said that and what was actually done.
However I suspect if I change it now it will only end up upsetting people who like it how it is now

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
thats an impressive bit of memory displayed there. I will have to put my thinking cap on as to why i said that and what was actually done.
However I suspect if I change it now it will only end up upsetting people who like it how it is now

I can't take credit for remembering.  I had it linked in the wiki.  :)
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

hiccup

And also (as a foobar sinner, a long long time ago) I noticed then that this feature was much appreciated by many foobar users, and I am sure that if it is changed, there will be questions and requests for it by new MusicBee users coming from foobar.
So it might be wisest just to leave it as it is (but with a pop-up explanation)