Author Topic: Now playing, sorting  (Read 3351 times)

lynott

Don't know if this is a bug or by intention, but in the "Now playing" view, sorting is reset after Musicbee restart.
In the Library sorting is remembered.

Steven

• Administrator
persisting the now playing list sort is not implemented - it was by intention but i'll move this to the wishlist if you think its important

lynott

That would be appreciated. The first thing I do each time I open Musicbee is sorting Now playing.

lynott

Any chance of getting this in the next beta?  ;D
I'd like to remove the "artist" column from now playing, since it is redundant when displaying artwork + tracks, but this leaves no way of sorting by artist then  year when this column is removed.
Hope this isn't too much trouble. I looked into settings.ini to see whether I could do this myself, but did not find a way to accomplish this.

Also, Play more is disabled (grayed out) in now playing. Is it possible to enable this. When adding a large number of files to now playing (using it as a playlist), it would still be nice to select a song and mark it as "play as next".

Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
i've changed it to persist the now playing list sorting in the main panel.
to sort by artist without displaying the artist - if you are using the album and tracks view you could try clicking on the picture column which will sort by album artist first