Author Topic: WASAPI in Event mode???  (Read 25520 times)

Steven

• Administrator
its already supported in v3, but you need to edit the MusicBeeSettings.ini file (with MB not running)
look for:
PlayerWasapiEventMode
and set the value to true

SuperMagicom

It works somewhat.  With the Dragonfly, at least, I still get pops and clicks at any buffer setting.  Strangely, it only happens the first time I play a track.  If I do a "Play Now" on the same track the stuttering is gone.  It will reappear on the next track unless I start that one over too.  Guess I'll have to stick with ASIO4All for the time being.

Steven

• Administrator
unzip into the folder MB is installed:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

This version writes an extra parameter to the settings file that allows you to control the buffer size used to configure the event mode
PlayerWasapiEventModeBuffer
if its set to 0, it MB uses the effective default value which is 83 (milliseconds)
so you can try increasing/ decreasing it around 83

SuperMagicom

Thanks!  It gets better if I set the PlayerWasapiEventModeBuffer to 250 but I can't go any higher than that or MB won't play the files at all.  As before, if I "Play Now" the same track it will play fine the second time, which is odd.  Also, everything works fine in foobar with WASAPI event mode and the buffer set to default 50ms and also in MediaMonkey so it must just be a matter of finding some combination of settings that will appease the Dragonfly in MB.

UPDATE: Even more confusing, setting event style OFF in the ini everything plays fine. I could never get regular WASAPI to work (which is why I was using ASIO4All) before either so this is an improvement I guess.   :)   
Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 09:38:42 PM by SuperMagicom

Mr. Trev

I have similar problems if I set eventmode to true. Even with the buffer set to 250, I'll still get stuttering/crackling on high res files (24/96)
Setting eventmode back to false makes everything work normally again

hiccup

With the new event mode, I can now finally use 'pause' with my Tascam USB soundcard (it used to trigger a repeating loop of the last tenth of a second from the song playing).

But I also regularly get crackling sounds when playing normal resolution flac and mp3 files.
It sounds a bit like an unstable needle on a very dirty vinyl record.
Stopping and restarting the song often fixes it, but I can't replicate exact conditions for it occurring.

Steven

• Administrator
There is only one parameter that can be controlled for event mode in the bass library and thats the buffer size.
I noticed there is a more recent version of basswaspi.dll, so you might try that. For me, it works fine as is

http://www.mediafire.com/file/w3xads8372wkict/basswasapi.dll

hiccup

That version makes no difference.
The buffer is set to 10 seconds, files reside on local drive, when crackling occurs, it occurs from the immediate beginning of the track.

But I can't completely rule out it perhaps being some sound-card issue. (Tascam hasn't released official W10 drivers for it.)
Maybe await others experiences and reports on this.

Steven

• Administrator
The buffer is set to 10 seconds, files reside on local drive, when crackling occurs, it occurs from the immediate beginning of the track.
its the <PlayerWasapiEventModeBuffer> parameter which is something different. I dont expect it will help

hiccup

its the <PlayerWasapiEventModeBuffer> parameter which is something different. I dont expect it will help

Do you mean that parameter should be found in MusicBee3Settings.ini which can be adjusted?
I can't find that entry, should I enter it myself?

koe!k

I have the same problem.
Musicbee stops randomly with external DAC (Audioquest Dragonfly and Arcam irdac).
I never had this problem before with MB 2.x
I use Windows 8.1, Wasapi

Steven

• Administrator
I have the same problem.
Musicbee stops randomly with external DAC (Audioquest Dragonfly and Arcam irdac).
I never had this problem before with MB 2.x
I use Windows 8.1, Wasapi
nothing has changed regarding wasapi output other than using a more recent version of basswasapi.dll and adding new support for event mode. If your issue is when using event mode then i suggest you dont use it. If the issue with using the older style wasapi then i wont be able to help

koe!k

I have nothing changed.
Both DACs are working in asynchronous mode, usb audioclass1.
MB2.x no problems
MB3.0 stops randomly

koe!k

Until today, WASAPI don't work fine with my external DACs.
My workaround: ASIO4All driver + DACs in USB audioclass 1 = no problems (~96khz)

jellalpalenzuela

Its possible to use WASAPI Event Mode in MusicBee. All you need to do is to tweak MusicBee3Settings.ini file in %APPDATA%\Roaming\MusicBee directory and look for the "wasapi" tags in the file, tweak it and save the file.  ;)