Author Topic: www.tunerankings.com at the end of every lyric  (Read 3947 times)

Maleko12

It's not a bug, but it's a bit annoying to have. Anyway to remove that little blemish?

Steven

• Administrator
need to check i'm not violating anything by doing that. I'll move this to the wishlist

Roadrunner

Hi

I've never had this at the end, but some other www's (I don't remember which ones) somewhere in the middle of the lyrics. So probably, you're going to open Pandora's box, if you start removing some text ;) .

On the other hand, maybe it would be a good thing, if I could define some replacement text for my own and/or MB had some predefined ones:
  • Some of the lyrics have HTML code in it, i.e. & " and language specific ones like ä (I'd prefer to see and store &, ", ä and so on)
  • Some other lyrics show stupid code (I suppose UNICODE) instead of letters above ASCII code 128 (maybe more important, if you have non English songs in your database...)
This way I could also replace some URLs by nothing (and remove automatically CR/LF, if it's at the end of the whole text)...

Just an idea, I'm not sure, if that would be enough for Maleko12.

Regards
Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 12:55:22 AM by Roadrunner

jB

Maybe you could allow the end user to filter whatever they prefer from what is displayed - that way you are not violating anything. Would that work?
MusicBee v1.2.3876

Maleko12

Roadrunner:
I just just considering the www.tunerankings.com portion, although all of those things are great! However, those edits would be extremely hard to control.

jB:
I like this solution to the problem. That way, Steven cannot be blamed for violation, yet the user can get a desired result. This would also be a great solution for Roadunner's case as well.