Author Topic: Syncing Playlists from MB to PlayerPro  (Read 3136 times)

troypolidori

So I'm having a hell of a time syncing my playlists from MB to my Android where I'm using PlayerPro. If I sync to my phone using PLA as the format for my playlists, two of my nine selected playlists are synced, and every time I try again only those two are synced. If I use explorer to search my android as a mass media device, it says all nine PLA files are there, but any file explorer on my android only sees those two. If I sync using M3U, the file explorer on my phone says they're all there, but PlayerPro shows them all as empty playlists. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

phred

• Global Moderator
Make sure you're using the latest 2.5.x version (see my sig) as Steven made some changes to the syncing process.

Also, while I'm not familiar with PlayerPro (I use PowerAmp on my Android) try using the M3U8 format for your playlists.  
Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 08:21:29 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

troypolidori

Thanks, I upgraded to 2.5x and the problem seems a little clearer now. After the upgrade and using the M3U8 format, a couple of my playlists copied over fine (although I had to restore them in PlayerPro to fill them out with tracks), but the rest were all empty, and a manual restore (from the settings) doesn't do anything. I tried using both Google Music and PoweAmp to see if PlayerPro was my problem, but both of them recognize only the same playlists that PlayerPro does. I'm guessing this means the issue is on MB's syncing side.

If I try using the PLA format again, the two playlists that copied fine before the upgrade copied over again. The other playlists all failed: either "One or more of the parameters are illegal (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007203F)", or "Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component", or "Data supplied is of wrong type (Exception from HRESULT : 0x8007065D)".

I also tried dragging and dropping the playlists one by one, but that produced the same results as before.

Thanks again for your help. Any further ideas?

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm wondering if perhaps you have a corrupt file or files amongst the tracks in the playlists.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

troypolidori

I thought that might be the case, but here's the problem: I have one playlist that is an "all songs I like" list, and all the others are just subsets of that list. The comprehensive one copies over just fine, it's a few of the subsets that don't. Wouldn't the comprehensive one also include whichever corrupted files were preventing the subsets from syncing?