Author Topic: Starting equaliser crashes MB 50% of the time  (Read 3555 times)

Anti

Much of the time when I attempt to bring up the equaliser dialogue box, Musicbee stops responding.
It seemed to have started occasionally a few versions back, in 2013 or 2014, but now it's happening
about 50% of the time. I've got no idea what might be triggering the error.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any idea what the conflict might be and how to start troubleshooting?

Error Log:
15/07/2015 02:54:47 - 6.1.7601.65536 - 2.5.5524.39432 - Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.CantStartSingleInstanceException: This single-instance application could not connect to the original instance.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
   at #=q48PUXo_hGZNr0_gUMi83aaQ_FspIMg1RmSr2mKbDZAE=.#=qAHaz3ZLQyCE3mr9I7iXDcA==(String[] #=qheIcsvr4Ct3hgybNQ9fhMw==)

Specs:
· Musicbee 2.5 RC2 (installed over the top of previous version using the executable)
· Asus laptop with RealTek onboard sound chip
· Win 7

Thanks.
Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 10:23:02 PM by Anti

Steven

• Administrator
i expect it would be a winamp dsp plugin thats enabled. If not then it could only be that you are not using the MusicBeeBass.dll version that comes with the installation

Anti

I do have 3rd party effects in the plugin folder (SA Stereo Tool and Electri-Q), but nothing actually enabled except the 15 band equalizer.
I'm assuming they'd have to be enabled to interfere with the running of the equalizer dialogue?

I'll delete the file you suggested, and re-run the installer.

Thanks.

Steven

• Administrator
The plugin files can be loaded/ unloaded to get the description for the plugin but that should only happen once

Anti

It's still happening.

Actually, to be honest, Musicbee has been getting more unstable on my system as time goes on.
Version 1.x virtually never crashed, and now it seems like v2.x crashes every other day.
I've updated dozens of times over the last three or four years, including daily patches. So I might
try a complete reinstall once v2.5 final is released and see if that fixes the problems.

Thanks.

Steven

• Administrator
if its crashing just opening the equaliser window with no winamp dsp plugins then i would say there is something more fundamentally wrong.
It might be the wrong version of "bass_wadsp.dll" or it might be there is a dependency that dll has eg. the C++ runtime that has been changed on your machine and causing problems. But i cant really help with that.
Also make sure there are no "dsp_*.dll" files in the Plugins folder (or that they are renamed to not end with .dll)