Author Topic: File for titling a stream - plugin ?  (Read 3676 times)

BeeBeeKing

Hi, we are using Musicbee Auto Jukebox to run our our overnight service on our community radio station here in oz.
I am wondering if there is a plugin or if MusicBee already produces a file that our streaming computer can use to supply artist and title for each track played?
We are just using a simple shoutcast encoder called Oddcast. Which has the ability to get external metadata from a file or URL.

Any ideas if/how we could get the track titles onto our stream please?

By the way Musicbee is proving very reliable as an overnight player. It has stopped a couple of times at the end of a file but we haven't been able to determine why, yet.
myradiostream.com/fleurieufm

thanks Geoff

BeeBeeKing

I have just found boroa74's "Now Playing to External Files plug in.
Will this work with v2.5?
Are there any special settings I would need to consider for my purpose?

cheers

BeeBeeKing

works perfectly, I'll try it out on tonight's stream. All I had to do was change from UTF-8 to Windows-1252 text encoding.

BeeBeeKing

Maybe a question for Boroda:
Is there a way your plugin could send a blank entry to the text file when musicbee is shut down?

When our overnight stream finishes we revert to a manual daytime feed to the stream. This will mean the last song played will show on the stream until the next evening.
Only thing i am missing now, otherwise the plugin is great.

boroda

hmm... it should work that way already. i'll take a look at this issue on monday.

BeeBeeKing

my mistake boroda74, i should have waited. It does indeed work that way. Thank you for a very handy plugin. :)

BeeBeeKing

Further: The plugin removes the txt file.
The streamer I'm using gets stuck on the last known title because it can't access the file when we shutdown MusicBee.
What I'm suggesting, could there be an option in settings so that instead of removing the text file it creates a blank entry in the text file?

cheers.

boroda

• Now plugin empties external files instead of deleting them on stop/pause/mb closing. This behavior has better compatibility with other programs.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c5rihhjmznmwa3h/mb_NowPlayingToExternalFiles_2015-06-28.zip