Author Topic: Version 2.5.5606 update question  (Read 3006 times)

brianzech

I am using the "patch" of version 2.5.5606. It removed SoundCloud from autodj and replaced it with XBox. Problem is XBox requires a subscription or you only get samples. Is there a different patch or version I can use to have the ability to include online music in the mix? I have no interest in subscribing to XBox.

brianzech

I also noticed that the patch I applied is not listed in the forums (I am new to the forums, not MusicBee). Is that maybe not an "official" patch?

Pingaware

Any patch on the forums is the most up to date official version. See this page for more details.

Soundcloud was removed a while ago (sometime in the 2.5 development phase) for a very good reason, but I'm afraid I can't remember what it was. A search through the forums should find the relevant topic.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

brianzech

Thank you for your reply. I have done as you suggested. Honestly, after reviewing the SoundCloud comments and why it was removed, I am keeping with whatever patch I have that got me to version 2.5.5606. SoundCloud works just fine in it, it is just not part of Auto DJ. I still have the download zip if the author of MusicBee is interested or was a part of it. Honestly, I do not remember where I got it from, I just searched Google for my issue and came across it. I had not known/looked for the MusicBee forums at that time, now I know and will go here first :)
Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 09:34:27 PM by brianzech

brianzech

I found the download I have in the forums, see last post here (http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=13196.msg83294#msg83294). I guess it is from the author, just not in the patches section. Either way, thought I would clarify. All is good, topic closed to me at least.

Pingaware

That is the official patch link from Steven, the sole developer working on MB. If it's working how you want it, then carry on.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

brianzech

I like most of it. I give Steven credit for all the work he has done, so I will not be picky. I can say, I still use and prefer MusicBee over a MediaMonkey Gold. That should say something :) It is a great product.

BTW to Steven, the Auto DJ features compared to MediaMonkey are far superior with MusicBee. I especially like the filtering options.