Author Topic: Auto DJ stops unexpected  (Read 2322 times)

brianzech

I am experiencing Auto DJ suddenly stopping playback, appears at random, after a song has finished. If I manually click play on the next song, it starts working again until the next stop. The cue remains filled per the configuration and the audio files are fine, as when I click play, playback continues with no issue on the MP3 file. Has anyone else experienced this? I would estimate, it will stop itself after about 10-15 songs. When I check the status of Auto DJ, it is still running when it stops playback. The button gives me the option to stop it. Once I click (manually) play, Auto DJ functions as normal for a while again.

Steven

• Administrator
update to v2.5 available from the top forum topic

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I was having a problem similar to this for a while, but it hasn't happened recently. I'm trying to think what might have changed, but my workflow is always evolving and it's hard to say.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

brianzech

Well, please consider this "resolved". I have experienced something similar to psychoadept. Auto DJ has played for over 12 hours now with no issues. I changed some settings, mostly the 5.1 surround, 32 bit, etc. Something "did it".

brianzech

It seems that the Auto DJ only fails when the hard drive is under heavy load. Otherwise, all good. It will finish the playing track, but will not advance to the next. Not sure if that is a bug or just how things work, but that is what I discovered.