Author Topic: MB not reading ID3 tags  (Read 1794 times)

Jim Manko

I have a Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit PC w/ latest version of MB. Also have several dozen CDs ripped to WAV. MB reads ID3 tags perfectly and displays all albums accurately. Just got a Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit PC. Have downloaded latest version of MB for this PC as well as the CDs ripped to WAV.  This PC read a few ID3 tags correctly so a few albums are displayed accurately but the majority of tags were not read so I have hundreds of files listed under the Unknown Album. If I change the grouping setting, files are listed under the correct album cover but each album is unknown & many tracks are listed in wrong order. Have tried changing a lot of settings w/ no results. Did check files on new computer & ID3 tags are there. Could obviously use some help!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

WAV files aren't really designed for tags, though they can kind of be tacked on.  I suggest converting to FLAC if lossless audio is important to you.  They have their own complete tagging standard and smaller files.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Jim Manko

Thanks for info & suggestion re: FLAC files. Have actually been planning to go in that direction. Nevertheless, curious to me that MB handled my WAV files flawlessly on one machine & so badly on the other. Want to be sure I'm setting things up correctly.