Author Topic: long start-up with new library organisation rule  (Read 2535 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
This is probably an "only Steven knows" question  :)

I changed my library auto-organise rule from;
Code
Popular\$Group($Sort($First(<Album Artist>)),1)\$Sort($First(<Album Artist>))\$Left(<Release Date Sort>,6)-<Album>$IsNull(<Subtitle>,,$If(<Album Artist>="Various Artists",,·<Subtitle>))\$If(<Disc Count>>=2,Disc$Pad(<Disc#>,2)\<Track#>" - "<Title>,<Track#>" - "<Title>)

to;
Code
Popular\$If(<Album Artist>="Various Artists",VA" "Releases\$IsNull($Split(<Grouping>,;,2),Other\$Group($Sort(<Album>),1)\,$Split(<Grouping>,;,2)\)<Album>-$Left(<Release Date Sort>,6)\$If(<Disc Count>>=2,Disc$Pad(<Disc#>,2)\<Track#>" - "<Title>,<Track#>" - "<Title>),Standard" "Releases\$Group($Sort($First(<Album Artist>)),1)\$Sort($First(<Album Artist>))\$Left(<Release Date Sort>,6)-$If($Or($Or($First(<Grouping>)="Single [45]",$First(<Grouping>)="Single [78rpm]"),$First(<Grouping>)="Single [12in]"),$Split(<Album>," · ",1)-$Split($Split($First(<Grouping>),[,2),],1),<Album>)$IsNull(<Subtitle>,,·<Subtitle>)\$If(<Disc Count>>=2,Disc$Pad(<Disc#>,2)\<Track#>" - "<Title>,<Track#>" - "<Title>))

which has significantly increased MB start-up time.

Would splitting the rule into exceptions for "Various Artist" and vinyl/shellac singles make any difference?

Or is it that I'm just giving MB a lot of work, checking that (possibly OCD  ;)  ) level of organisation at start-up?

I've approx 24,000 files in my library.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
Nothing comes to mind why the auto-organise rule would have any impact at all on start up time.
If you change it back does it return to normal?
Are you sure its something like you are sorting or grouping using a virtual tag that was changed?

Bee-liever

If you change it back does it return to normal?

Yes

Are you sure its something like you are sorting or grouping using a virtual tag that was changed?

Not using any virtual tags in the rule, only saved tags.

I deleted from the library all the tracks that had their path changed by the new rule. Re-started MB and let the start-up scan find them all again. Moved them from the inbox back to the library and et voilà!, start-up time is back to normal.   ???

Bee-liever

Worked it out  :)

It was actually some asx files with some conflicting tags causing the problem  :o