Author Topic: ASX Support (v2.4.5404)  (Read 2420 times)

yamaha2k3

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I'm trying to set up MusicBee so I could manage the music on my Windows Phone. I guess it can only support ASX as it's playlist format. I saw that there is a way to set this up under preferences->devices, but the problem is, when I go to select what format I want my playlists saved as, I can only select between M3U, M3UB, and PLA. I looked around and couldn't find a plug-in or anything. I saw you could set it up in a previous version. Did they removed support for ASX?

Thank you.

phred

• Global Moderator
You're looking in the wrong place.  Exported playlists can be in ASX format.
Edit > Preferences > Library > Playlists > Exported Playlists.  Browse to the folder where you want the exported playlists to live, and then use the drop-down to select ASX.  If you don't see it, try updating to the latest 2.5.x patch.  See my sig.

I'd also like to suggest you do a forum-wide search for "windows phone" (yes, use the quotes) and you'll find lots of post regarding syncing.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

yamaha2k3

You're looking in the wrong place.  Exported playlists can be in ASX format.
Edit > Preferences > Library > Playlists > Exported Playlists.  Browse to the folder where you want the exported playlists to live, and then use the drop-down to select ASX.  If you don't see it, try updating to the latest 2.5.x patch.  See my sig.

I'd also like to suggest you do a forum-wide search for "windows phone" (yes, use the quotes) and you'll find lots of post regarding syncing.
My mistake. Thanks for the help.

phred

• Global Moderator
No problem.  I'm glad to be able to help.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
using v2.5 you can synch using the WPL playlist format which works on windows phones