Author Topic: Multiple Artists and Playing Track View  (Read 1167 times)

planetary

Hello there. I am currently having an issue with one of the features of MusicBee.
My tracks have multiple artists stored in them, and so the now playing panel displays each artist with a line break before their name, such as on this picture:

It does look kinda ridiculous in my opinion.

It's even far more ridiculous when the same artist is tagged twice, both as "artist" and "performer":

I would like to display only the "display artist," the one that has all artists on one line with line break, without necessarily going through the process of stripping some metadata on each individual track, metadata which let us be honest is useful to have for organization purposes.

In essence, I'd like to have my playing track artists look like the artists do in the album view, that is, like that:

Do you have any idea as to how I could do that?
Thanks in advance.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think if you made the display artist the same for all tracks in an album (and the same as the album artist), that would solve it.  The easiest way to do this without disturbing your existing tags would probably be with the tag inspector.

You could also make a wishlist request to disable the feature that automatically displays the artist when there are different artists for different tracks/different album artist.  That's what's causing it.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)