Author Topic: "Rescan/Add files" is not picking up newly added music  (Read 2377 times)

swampdude

I have one Library pointing to 4 folder locations.

I added some MP3 and FLAC files to one of the folders.  Then I ran "Rescan/Add files" without changing any location info or options.  The process ran without any error messages but none of the new titles showed up in the Library.  I've tried searching and can find other files located in the same folder, just none of the newly added..

I tried unchecking that folder, rescanning, then adding the folder back and rescanning.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help.

redwing

Check inbox node as the new files might have been imported into there, depending on your setting.

BTW if you have set up those folders monitored continuously, then new files will be added (either to library or to inbox) right away without having to run rescan/add files command each time for the same folders.

swampdude

Thanks for your reply.

The new files weren't in the Inbox.,

I was able to see them after I selected "MusicBee" > "File" > 'Advanced" > "Rescan all files".

Then I turned on "Continuously monitor" as you suggested (under "MusicBee" > "Edit" > 'Preferences" > "Library").  Hopefully, that will be all that's needed from now on.