Author Topic: How to hide the three top boxes: Only playlist; Save Layout and preferences  (Read 1858 times)

pstein

Have a look at the following simplified snapshot of my current MusicBee window:

http://www.picfront.org/d/9hwb

How do I hide the three topmost boxes labelled "Genre" "artist" "Album"?
I only want to see the Playlist.

How do I save/export the current layout (and import it into another MusicBee installation on my notebook)?

Peter

phred

• Global Moderator
Have a look at the following simplified snapshot of my current MusicBee window:

http://www.picfront.org/d/9hwb

How do I hide the three topmost boxes labelled "Genre" "artist" "Album"?
I only want to see the Playlist.
That's called the Column Browser.  You need to disable it.
Edit > Preferences > Layout (1) > main panel > show column browser - remove the checkmark.

How do I save/export the current layout (and import it into another MusicBee installation on my notebook)?
I'm not 100% certain how to go about that.  You could try copying the MusicBeeSetting.ini file and then copying it to the new installation as a test.  The file is found in your AppData folder under MB's install directory (if you have the portable version.)  Or for the non-portable version, C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\StartupSettings.ini.
You can experiment with this and see if it works, or wait until another forum member corrects me.  If you're going to experiment, save or copy the original MusicBeeSettings.ini under a different name so you can easily go back to it if my method doesn't work.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

redwing

Some basic layout can be duplicated with the settings file as phred mentioned, but not all like filters and custom fields. In that case, you will need to copy all settings files under AppData folder.