Author Topic: Lost Files / Double Files  (Read 1552 times)

aboras

hi to all
probably anybody can help me.

1) I changed in the Library the Name of Albums (6 different ones). Now when I searched the titles, the old album (old changed Name) come on the list, but with remark file cannot be found. new album Name does not come listed. What happened and why.

2) A lot of the imported Music is twice in the library,once as a .flac and once as a .m4a file. What's the difference and which one would you recommend to use?

Hope my english is well enought to understand.
Tks for your assistance.
Abor
Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 03:54:52 PM by aboras

Pingaware

1) I changed the titles of six albums. Now when I search for the new titles, the old album titles appear on the list, but with the warning that the file cannot be found. The new album titles are not listed. What happened and why?

How did you change the name of the albums? If you did it in Windows Explorer or changed it in MB but then moved the files in Windows Explorer, then that will be why you can't find the files. To fix this, delete the old references in your library and rescan your music files.

2) A lot of the imported music is in the library twice, once as a .flac and once as a .m4a file. What's the difference and which one would you recommend to use?

FLAC files are what is known as lossless. M4A files are lossy. There are plenty of websites which will explain the difference better than I can, but in basic terms (and assuming the FLAC files are true FLACs and not converted from lossy files) the FLAC files are of a much higher quality and should be kept.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.