Author Topic: Scrolling with a touchpad - focus doesn't follow  (Read 3124 times)

pd-department

Hey, hopefully this is the right place to post this.

I used the search function, and there seems to be a problem with scrolling with some touchpads, but I wanted to make a more specific bug report as maybe that would help sorting it out.

So, I'm using MusicBee 2.5.5524 on Windows 7 with a Dell Touchpad. With my USB-Mouse I am able to scroll whereever the cursor hovers in the application. When I use my touchpad, it uses 2-finger gestures for scrolling. With the touchpad, scrolling is only possible after focusing the element with a click, and not possible at all in the library explorer. When scrolling with the touchpad, it scrolls whereever I clicked last, so when I hover the current playlist with my touchpad but clicked the main panel before, I will still scroll in the main panel. Also, when scrolling with the touchpad in anything but the cover grid, the scrollbar doesn't get updated until I click there another time. That means that I could scroll from the top to the bottom and the scrollbar would stay at the same place.

Thanks for helping!

sdk16420

This issue is still more or less present in 2.5.5721 on Windows 10.

See the picture below.
I can scroll fine with the touchpad (two finger scrolling) in the green areas, and focus follows when I hover the mouse over the respective areas, except for the red area. In the red area it's impossible to scroll using the touchpad (gestures), but using a mouse scrollwheel scrolling works fine and follows focus like in the other areas.

Steven

• Administrator

sdk16420

could you try v3
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=15050.0

you can go back to using v2.5 without re-installation

Yes it works fine in version 3. It's not a big deal for me so I'll just wait for the stable release of V3 then.