Author Topic: Old Sonique for MB  (Read 67345 times)

RogueScholar

Wowowowow...I must be getting old because it feels like another age of the world that I was using Sonique to play MP3s. In fact, if memory serves I was still a teenager and got most of my music from IRC, and was still using it through the Napster and WinMX eras, a period in time during which the depth and breadth of music files available via P2P still boggles my mind. What a trip down memory lane, and I'm starting to understand why old people always say things were better back in their day: it actually was.

Bee-liever, I can't begin to express my gratitude to you for the effort you went to in bringing this to us. Are there any better gifts than someone returning to you something you'd forgotten you'd even lost? I think not, and though I'm not religious, I have to believe that if there's a hereafter that you'll get an upgraded cloud for sharing this. Cheers.

...now all I need is to find some pot and some booze in a plastic bottle and my regression to freshman year of college will be complete!

Pariah

I just wanted to say thank you so much for these visualizations. I am a new-bee  ;) and no matter what i did, i couldn't get milkdrop to work.

This was the first download anywhere that i could get to work so I very much appreciate it.

As for the lack of thanks, pretty sure people just didn't want to jump through the most ridiculous, razor wire wrapped douchery that was the registering to post my thanks. Google doesn't even use captchas that awful. Playing Memory with 3 sets of let's match horribly low quality images that were put in a blender first. And then answer a question too, but at least that was the easy part. I had to go through the horrible process twice because the first time didn't go through...so let me tell you, when I say thank you, you should definitely know that I mean it.

So..thanks. Seriously though, i was contemplating WMP again *shudder* Now I'm all in for MusicBee!

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
As for the lack of thanks, pretty sure people just didn't want to jump through the most ridiculous, razor wire wrapped douchery that was the registering to post my thanks. Google doesn't even use captchas that awful. Playing Memory with 3 sets of let's match horribly low quality images that were put in a blender first. And then answer a question too, but at least that was the easy part. I had to go through the horrible process twice because the first time didn't go through...so let me tell you, when I say thank you, you should definitely know that I mean it.

Wow!
I was a member before the new website came along so I didn't realize the 'new' registering process was so arduous.

I really do appreciate every 'thank you' that I get but in light of that info, I really, really do appreciate the time and effort taken too put a little post on here.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Over 100 downloads  -  less then a month  -  no comments   ???
Guess that disproves the statistic that only approx 1.7% of internet users say "Thank You" for resources provided to them for free   :P

I really do live under a rock!
I LOVE visualisers and have used "Tabby's" viz on J River media player, and of course Milkdrop to date,
only just noticed this post, didnt realise others were available for MB - downloading now!
Excited to see what Rabbit Hole looks like on big screen TV  ;)

Seems to be a sign of modern times that thanks not always forthcoming, but if things not functioning as expected, will more likely get a response, but a BIG THANK YOU from myself to Steven, all the add-on creators, Theatre Mode makers, forum expert assistants and Wiki editors that have made MB what it is today - totally awesome!

If I've missed anyone out - thank you too!

Best regards: Freddy

Bee-liever

I really do live under a rock!
I LOVE visualisers and have used "Tabby's" viz on J River media player, and of course Milkdrop to date,
only just noticed this post, didnt realise others were available for MB - downloading now!
Excited to see what Rabbit Hole looks like on big screen TV  ;)

I've also been a bit slack and haven't yet posted these on the add-ons page  :-[

But I'm glad that you did find them Freddy, and hope Rabbit Hole lives up to your expectations!

lux1o

lux1o

i unzip in plugins sub folder MBvisuals
and i select add visualizer and select de downloaded zip file

i remove the MBvisuals folder in plugins to uninstall

but now the list of presets still apears in the menu :(

how can i uninstall correctly?

boroda

if you added visualizers by 'add' button (i.e. not manually), then they are installed into some subfolder of 'c:\users\username\appdata\local\musicbee\' or 'c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\musicbee\'.

musicbee4dwd

I unzipped the folder and then copied it to the MB Plugins Folder, and Music Bee isn't showing them under View>Visualizaers.

Using current version of MB.

C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins\

And no, the Milkdrop Viz isn't working either.Getting errors.

Bee-liever

The files (dll's) and sub-folders in 'MBvisuals' and MilkDropVisualiser' need to be placed directly in the Plugins folder, not in their own folders.
Refer to the readme.txt file.

musicbee4dwd

Thanks for the reply.

Great, so the Sonic works now but the milk drop still doesn't. For Milkdrop, I put the milkdrop dll in the root and the two directories called

MBVisuals
Microsoft.VC90.CRT

in the root also.

Still got the error.

So I copied the folders out of the MBVidsuals folder and the files out of the Microsoft folder and put them in the root plugins folder. Now I am getting the error  "Unable to read the data file C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins\data\include.fx

Bee-liever

Great, so the Sonic works now but the milk drop still doesn't. For Milkdrop, I put the milkdrop dll in the root and the two directories called

MBVisuals
Microsoft.VC90.CRT

in the root also.

The folder 'MBvisuals' contained the dll's for the Sonique visualisers.  That folder should be deleted.

For Milkdrop you should have in the root Plugins folder:
\program files\musicbee\plugins\vis_milk2.dll
\program files\musicbee\plugins\Milkdrop2\...
\program files\musicbee\plugins\Microsoft.VC90.CRT\...

I'm using a 6 year old laptop with Windows 10, all updated, with the integrated Intel 4000 graphics chip, also updated driver.

This means that it's probably only ever had DirectX12 installed.
DirectX12 is not fully compatible with MilkDrop2.2 'out of the box'.

Search for 'turn on directplay windows 10' and follow the instructions.

musicbee4dwd

Thanks again.

Milkdrop: OK, I did all that, and now I get the message: MILKDROP ERROR Error Compiling ps_2_0 warp shader.

Sonique: They are working.However, I have to close the visualizer window before changing Sonique visualizers or the visualizer window just freezes. They all work though.

I might also add that all of the visualizer entries in MB are doubled.

Thanks again.

Here is a screen shot of the plugin directory now.

Bee-liever

As Steven said:
Some users may need to update their DirectX 9.0 runtimes:

The download linked there (for the Web Installer) won't run with Windows 10.
Use this one for the redistributable:
hhttps://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=8109

musicbee4dwd

Yep that did it. Thanks much. Still can't figure out why I have double entries on every dll file.

Again, thanks. man, brings back memories that old Milkdrop.