Author Topic: Old Sonique for MB  (Read 67351 times)

Varku

Thanks for the Visualizers, sadly none of them, fits my needs. :'(
Most of them are to funky/flashy for me.
I am looking for a simple spectrum band visualizer (without funky turning things) and maybe some "slow" ambientlight in the background.

I don't know how much work it is, to grab for example the visualizer from Theatermode-default, enlarge it, mabye decrease the amount of bands, place it around the middle of the screen, and add some foggy ambientlight effekts. but if you can create something like this, it would be awesome.

greetings
der Varku
Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 12:57:29 PM by Varku

DRGreen7

It was interesting seeing some of the old Sonique visuals in place again. Thanks for that.  :)
I had never seen Rabbit Hole before, so that was interesting to watch.
My favourite, Spec'n'Hopp wasn't there though  :(
I have the svc for Sonique in my archives, so I did try and put it in, but Music Bee rejected it.

Your conversion process must be more than just following naming standards.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Your conversion process must be more than just following naming standards.

Not really.
It's basically adding the "vis_" prefix and changing the extension from .svp to .dll

Sometimes you also need to edit the vis.ini settings for a particular visualizer.

I've tried several different combinations in an effort to get Spec'n'Hopp to work, but with no luck.
I think it has to do with the 'Spec_n_Hopp.bmp' file needing to be referenced by the .dll.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

DRGreen7

So you had no luck with it either. That's a shame.
My installation does not have this viz.ini file that you refer to, or will MusicBee pick it up if it is there?

Oh well, I may try again sometime. If it does work, I'll add an entry in this thread.
Thanks for letting me know.

Bee-liever

My installation does not have this viz.ini file that you refer to...

Running any of the visualizers that need one, will create the file in MB.

petpunk

Great work!!! Thank you very much, now just choosing my favorite...  ;) ;D

papermoose

Over 100 downloads  -  less then a month  -  no comments   ???

Guess that disproves the statistic that only approx 1.7% of internet users say "Thank You" for resources provided to them for free   :P

Hi Bee-liever! I just came across your post while looking for additional visualizations. Just wanted to say thanks so much! I haven't tried them out yet, but I appreciate your effort, whether they work for me or not. =)

kavman8

A big thank you  from my 14 yr old daughter... ;D

bustarhyme

Awesome stuff, thanks OP!!  ;D

Also just a note the files must be copied into the Plugins folder but not inside another folder, that had me stumped for a while.

Also getting the "have to "un-tic" Show Visualizer then change to a new one.
If I just select a new visualizer without un-ticing Show Visualizer then nothing happens"

Is there anyway around that?

CaptainDuck

Hey, thanks for those :D
I'm looking for some simple, but nice and modern looking visualisers, preferably just spectrum or oscilloscope.

Pic related, it's from foobar2000.
This pack includes a couple nice, but they arent that smooth and nice looking.
If somebody knows about some simple, fluid and MB compatible visualisers, please LET ME KNOW.

Anyway thanks for the pack, some of them are really nice.

Bee-liever

Also getting the "have to "un-tic" Show Visualizer then change to a new one.
If I just select a new visualizer without un-ticing Show Visualizer then nothing happens"

Is there anyway around that?

Not that I could find.

Hey, thanks for those :D
I'm looking for some simple, but nice and modern looking visualisers, preferably just spectrum or oscilloscope.

I did get this one to partially work.

I can post you a link if you want it.

Also, although it's not a visualiser, you can install the Voxengo DSP plugin into MB. It's got a really good spectrum analyzer and VU meters.

el_antonio59

jelle

Thank you for providing us with these visualisers!
MB doesn't seem to be supported as widely as other players do. So i'm happy I found some cool looking ones in your selection :)

Using "Peak Freq" often.

Rayne

I just found your post for Old Sonigue and I wanted to say thanks for the post. I know your post has been up for a while, but thanks just the same. Better late than never..... ;)

big.jon

i loved sonique and used it on a regular basis way, WAY back in the day... thank you so much for bringing these visuals to music bee! it sure is nice to see "acidspunk" again! the MADDEST of props to you, amigo! :)