Author Topic: Is there a way to to sync by raiting, genre, aritst, etc to android?  (Read 1999 times)

ACardAttack

I have a galaxy s5 and I have a sd card, but I have more music on my computer than that would fit on the memory card.

Is there an easy way to manage what gets synced to my phone?  I've looked around a little and don't see much.  I do see I can manually send songs to the device, but what if I only want 5 star songs, or maybe all classic rock songs synced to my phone and don't want to have to select those songs manually?

Thanks

phred

• Global Moderator
Create an Auto-Playlist based on your various criteria and then sync the playlists.  (This assumes your tracks are well-tagged.)  You can create one for 5 star rated tracks, and another for classic rock.  When it comes time to sync you can select one or both (or all) playlists.  Edit > Preferences > Devices > (select device) > Configure > Settings > Music > Synchronise Playlists > Selected Playlists Only.  Also make sure to uncheck 'Synchronise Music' at the top of that window.

Save the playlists in M3U8 format as it seems most (if not all) Androids have no issue with that format.  Edit > Preferences > Devices > (select device) > Configure > Settings > Playlist Storage > Save As Format

If you need help with Auto-Playlists, check out the Wiki: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Playlists#Auto-Playlists
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here