Author Topic: Can I get Soundcloud Back?  (Read 10238 times)

Jonnydark

Hi MB Hive Mind

I loved having Soundcloud in music bee to search music while working. Now it doesn't work. Is it gone for good?

Thank you!

Jonathan

phred

• Global Moderator
I don't know that SoundCloud ever left.  It's located under Services in the left-hand panel.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

browm77

Quick follow-up:  Was a soundcloud extension included with a new version of MusicBee? Or is this a plugin that one would need to install.  I'm currently using 2.3.5188.

I never use the services tab, but I would like to start incorporating SoundCloud into my MusicBee experience.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Quick follow-up:  Was a soundcloud extension included with a new version of MusicBee? Or is this a plugin that one would need to install.  I'm currently using 2.3.5188.

I never use the services tab, but I would like to start incorporating SoundCloud into my MusicBee experience.

It is a newer feature.  You will need to upgrade to 2.4 from the Downloads page, and then you may still need to update to the latest version, which is linked from phred's signature.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Jonnydark

Yay! I updated and it works now!

Thank you! working will be so much more fun again.

Thank you lovely people.

Jonathan

browm77

Ok, thanks.  I downloaded the final version of 2.4.  Do I need a SoundCloud account first for the SoundCloud feature to work?  Right now it's empty and I can't use it to find music.

On a related note, is there anyway to customize the services dropdown menu?  Once I right click on Upcoming Concerts for instance, there is an option to remove, but it is faded out and unclickable.  I think Upcoming Concerts is a nice feature.  Unfortunately, I live in the middle of nowhere right now. :/

phred

• Global Moderator
Ok, thanks.  I downloaded the final version of 2.4.  Do I need a SoundCloud account first for the SoundCloud feature to work?  Right now it's empty and I can't use it to find music.
No need for a SoundCloud account.  Enter your search criteria in the search box located in the upper right area of the main panel. 

On a related note, is there anyway to customize the services dropdown menu?  Once I right click on Upcoming Concerts for instance, there is an option to remove, but it is faded out and unclickable.  I think Upcoming Concerts is a nice feature.  Unfortunately, I live in the middle of nowhere right now. :/
Not at the present time.  If this is important to you, I suggest a search through the Wishlist sub-forum and giving a +1 to the request.  I'm pretty sure you'll find at least one request there, as this has come up before.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

browm77

Ok. Thanks.  I had to download 2.5 for this to work.  I guess this feature doesn't work quite as I imagined it might.  Is there a way to create a playlist from songs on SoundCloud on MusicBee?

phred

• Global Moderator
As far as I'm aware, not directly.  But you -can- download some of the SoundCloud tracks.  Look at the screen shot above and note the fifth track from the top (#34.) Note the little down arrow in the SoundCloud icon.  Right-click and select one of the two download options.  And then you can create your playlist.  Yes, I know --- if the track you want can't be downloaded, you can't put it in a playllst.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

browm77

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks.  I knew it was coming soon, but I guess I forgot about it and didn't even notice until you pointed it out.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I can add regular soundcloud tracks to a playlist just fine.  They probably wouldn't sync if they hadn't been downloaded, but they will show up in the playlist.  Maybe it's because I added them to my library first?

[Edit] No, I can even add them directly from the soundcloud search.  I think they'd have to be in your library to be selected for auto-playlists, though.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

OliWally

I have the SoundCloud button but when I do a search nothing happens. Are there other settings that I need to fix up before it works?

redwing

I have the SoundCloud button but when I do a search nothing happens. Are there other settings that I need to fix up before it works?

No. Check if you can access the site using Internet Explorer.

Steven

• Administrator
you need to use v2.5 available from the first forum topic as soundcloud made some changes