Author Topic: How do the version system works? and a problem...  (Read 2105 times)

Joan

Hi all,

First post here! I hope not to break any rule asking what I'm asking here.

First of all, I've discovered MusicBee some days ago and I can say that it works wonderfully well.  Kudos to the developers!

I've got a problem with it: I'm working with a three monitor setup (programming all day).  Having the MusicBee window maximized and moving the mouse around the tittle bar make the borders to become transparent ala windows 7...

I wanted to be sure that the version I'm using is the latest one in order to see if this is already solved before asking, but I can see that in the download area of the web page the available version is 2.4.5404 Update 1 while in the forum the latest version seems to be 2.5.5447...

Is that newer version a non stable one? should I download that one?

Thank you all for your comments!

Alumni

The "Latest Versions" sub-forum is updated more regularly than the main webpage, but they are stable updates with important bug fixes.

phred

• Global Moderator
Welcome to the MB Forum.

Just to expand a little on what Alumni said, the version currently available on the MB website (2.4.x) has been released by Steven (the sole developer) to the "world."  What's available via the latest version sub-forum is more current, and as Alumni said, contains bug fixes.  Steven typically releases updates once every week or two.  However, he is now working on version 3 and has decided to hold off releasing 2.5 until his development of v3 is much further along.  The feeling being that with every new 'world-wide' release, a lot of new users discover MusicBee and the support load increases dramatically.  Which would take him away from v3.  And while a number of long-time forum members always jump in and help, there are some things that only Steven can answer. 

Don't let that stop you from asking questions if you run into a problem. 
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Joan

Perfect!

Thank you very much!

Proceeding to download the latest one!  ;D