Author Topic: MusicBee - Internal management of tags?  (Read 3100 times)

markzzz

Hi all,

I've noticed a "problem" with MusicBee.

I manage my mp3 library inside MusicBee editing tags like genre, year, ratings. All is ok on my PC Desktop.
Now, when I try on my local LAN to add library to a second laptop (taking as source the HD of PC Desktop), it imports all file without any problems.

BUT, all the tags I've edited are vanished. It is like MusicBee use "separate" scope for storing tags? I don't know really what's happened.

What could it be?
Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 11:51:11 AM by markzzz

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Unless they're custom tags, MusicBee saves tags to the files.  Have you looked at any of the files in question with the tag inspector?  If you could give us screenshots of the tag inspector for the same file from each location, it might help.

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Tag_inspector#Tag_Inspector
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

markzzz

Uhm, there are many GENRE tags  :o

http://oi58.tinypic.com/se5a3n.jpg

Why? I need the one in the right panel (all my files are edited from that panel).

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I can't say how they got there, but if you use the "..." button by the genre field (in the main tag editor), you should be able to edit the multiple genre values.  Like Artist, it's possible to have different values saved to the tag than are displayed in the main panel.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

markzzz

:o

I've more than 10000 files, I can't click "..." to each file. Isn't there a way to delete those tags but the one in the right panel?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
There's probably a way using the additional tagging & reporting tools plugin.  Just take it very slowly at first, and do it in small batches even once it seems to be going smoothly.

There are better experts than I around here to suggest specific approaches with the plugin.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

markzzz

Anyway: why on a version of MusicBee (under genre) I can see only some files, while in the other (on my Laptop) I can clearly see all genre/subgenre? That's strange. Do you see what I mean? Else I'll provide a screenshot (since the drive/origin is the same).