Author Topic: Arsenic  (Read 30626 times)

WannaBee

Thanks for the info, Bee-liever.

gpzbc

I just discovered this skin and I can't wait for the MB3 version.  Thanks!

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
MB3 version posted
See first post for link and details
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

gpzbc

AvikB

really beautiful, one request. make these highlighted areas a bit darker as endeavour1934's dark red skin.

phred

• Global Moderator
really beautiful, one request. make these highlighted areas a bit darker as endeavour1934's dark red skin.
If that type was any darker it would be difficult to read.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bee-liever

I don't want to change the flat monochrome background of the original, so here is a dark variation.
Let me know if it's what you were looking for.
Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 08:06:15 AM by Bee-liever

WannaBee

I don't want to change the flat monochrome background of the original, so here is a dark variation.

Thanks for the MusicBee 3 version of "Arsenic", Bee-liever. The MB3 arsenic dark variation looks very good, and I like it. While I realize that you cannot entertain every personal request that comes along, may I slip one in and ask if you would consider making both "Arsenic" versions v2.5 and v3, standard and dark variations, available with all the row reading lines removed, i.e. completely flat?

Is it possible for a designer like yourself to design a skin that enables some user input to obtain the desired effect?

Here's to more great skins like Arsenic- cheers!

Bee-liever

@ WannaBee
All the v2.5 elements are still in the skin, so there should be no problem using the new version on either flavour of MB.

If you want to make the Track Details area flat, open the .xml file with any text editor (Notepad++ is good) and remove line 131:
<element id="Content[TrackDetail].ItemSeparatorLine" fg="54,62,69" />

Without a user directly editing the skin file, it's currently not possible to create a skin that would allow fine tuning (except if it was like how blidmink's DarkMOD has been done).

I don't mind (and I don't think any of the skin creators here do) if you use a posted skin as a base to learn and mod from.
Only thing I ask is if you get a usable result, post it up so we all can share.
Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 07:35:44 AM by Bee-liever

WannaBee

@ Bee-liever

Thank you very much for your response. As suggested, I removed the entry in the xml-file to remove the lines , and to me the result looks superb. This happened to be a relatively simple mod, but the more complex stuff I shy away from.

AvikB

ahh nice. that makes it perfect :)

jbercx

Can you please explain how did you get the "YYYY" element appear next to the vertical A-Z jumper bar?

It's not the A-Z jumper bar really.  It's the column browser, 2 columns - vertical. One with "YYYY" and the other using a virtual tag "A-Z" [$Group($Sort(<Album Artist>),1)].  Can't take the credit for this one, came from the post here

and also the "Released" date on the upper right side of each album in the main area?

Thanks a lot!

The "Released:" date is a combination of a custom tag and a virtual tag.  I have a custom tag <Release Date Sort> with the format YYYYMMDD that I have set up to use for sorting.

This allows for the use 20150000 if you only know the year, or 20150200 if you don't know the exact day. Something that can't be done if you use the year/date tag.

I then set up the virtual tag "Release Date" with formula;
Code
Released: $If($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4)=0000,<YYYY>,$If($Right($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=00,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=01,"Jan "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=02,"Feb "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=03,"Mar "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=04,"Apr "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=05,"May "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=06,"Jun "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=07,"Jul "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=08,"Aug "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=09,"Sep "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=10,"Oct "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=11,"Nov "<YYYY>,"Dec "<YYYY>))))))))))),$If($Left($Right($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2),1)=0,$Right($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),1),$Right($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2))" "$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=01,"Jan "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=02,"Feb "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=03,"Mar "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=04,"Apr "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=05,"May "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=06,"Jun "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=07,"Jul "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=08,"Aug "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=09,"Sep "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=10,"Oct "<YYYY>,$If($Left($Right(<Release Date Sort>,4),2)=11,"Nov "<YYYY>,"Dec "<YYYY>)))))))))))))
to convert to the format DD Mon YYYY.

It can then be used in the "Album and Tracks Layout" for the RH grouping header.

Hi, I like it a lot, many thanks.
Short question, as I am new in this, where can I make these changes as mentioned above? What is the file name that I should use to make these changes? I asume, I can use notepad ++ for this.

Thanks for a short reply

Bee-liever

Thanks for a short reply
An explanation of virtual tags can be found here: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Virtual_Tags
and custom tags here: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Custom_Tags
You will also find information about the column browser and the grouping header on the wiki as well.

I've also changed that Released Date tag since then.
See http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=17302.msg102340#msg102340 for a much shorter way of doing the tag.

I dont get it. How do i get the same layout as in the screenshot?