Author Topic: Show ONLY missing files  (Read 4226 times)

evilspoons

Hi everyone, I'm kind of confused here.

I had MusicBee a while ago (~8 months) and it was well-organized. I moved to a new PC and imported my old library but in the process I deleted a bunch of music I didn't want - outside of MusicBee.

It shows up in MusicBee with an exclamation point and it's greyed out. This is excellent, it recognizes the files are missing. HOWEVER, I don't want to just batch-remove every single missing file because SOME of the missing files may simply be misplaced!

Is there any way to get MusicBee to just show a list of the missing files? I've tried making an auto-playlist and screwing with the Music view settings endlessly, but you can't sort by the "exclamation point" symbol. I'm going nuts. It obviously knows the files are missing, just let me sort the database by that piece of information!!!  ??? :o

redwing

Try Tools> Tagging Tools> Other files to edit filters> Show Dead Links

Then try to create a new playlist with them though I'm not sure it would work.

redwing

Though I told you how to list dead links only, I'm not sure what you're trying to do with them.

HOWEVER, I don't want to just batch-remove every single missing file because SOME of the missing files may simply be misplaced!

Retaining dead links doesn't help you to resolve the issue.

Read this guide: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7974.msg78665#msg78665

For that, you will need to use the latest version of MB.

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_5/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

(unzip and overwrite everything to your MB program folder)

evilspoons

Try Tools> Tagging Tools> Other files to edit filters> Show Dead Links

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

I just want to remove the actually-gone stuff manually but I have so much stuff that finding all of them by hand would be a nightmare. It looked like the program ought to be able to filter down to the 'is missing' flag (and it can, thanks to that command) so I can just deal with it from there, but I didn't know to look in the tag manager... I just took my usual approach of "make a playlist with a rule and hope there's a matching attribute".

If there are any files missing that shouldn't be (due to folders being shuffled around) I'll worry about fixing the library later - as for now I just want the stuff that is actually gone out of there.